huston street - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

huston street

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:28 pm

thehotcorner wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:Although Rotowire actually thinks Calero will get the save opps since he got the one Friday and Duch was brought into the game Sunday when they were trailing.


he got the save friday for a couple reasons.

1. Kennedy was originally given the save op and gave up a leadoff triple to erstad(?) and was promptly removed for Calero.

2. Duch had just thrown 35 pitches the night before so he was not available.

As for Duch being brought in with the A's trailing. He was brought in the 9th behind only 1 run. It was a home game so at that point there was no longer a save situation. Also Duch hadn't pitched in a few days.

In my opinion duch should still get any future save ops.


I completely agree with you for exactly the reasons you listed. I think Rotowire just missed this one. Still didn't stop me from carrying both of them in my keeper league for the week just in case though. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby checkers » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:16 pm

it's kinda risky to start Street this week.. he might miss the series against Texas... worse case scenario he'll miss this week ...
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colt4523 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:05 pm

I benched him this week. Did not want to take the risk of him missing a series or two.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2697
(Past Year: 83)
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: michigan

Postby thehotcorner » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:33 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
I completely agree with you for exactly the reasons you listed. I think Rotowire just missed this one. Still didn't stop me from carrying both of them in my keeper league for the week just in case though. ;)


kiko just came in for the 7th, he will probably finish out the 8th too and duch for the save :-D
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 273
Joined: 5 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:42 pm

thehotcorner wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
I completely agree with you for exactly the reasons you listed. I think Rotowire just missed this one. Still didn't stop me from carrying both of them in my keeper league for the week just in case though. ;)


kiko just came in for the 7th, he will probably finish out the 8th too and duch for the save :-D


Wow, I hope you're right...I'm up against a team in a h2h matchup this week whose only closer is Eric Gagne. ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby thehotcorner » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 pm

booya!

chalk one up for the duke.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 273
Joined: 5 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:35 pm

Here's one happy season-long Duch owner. ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby jh2031 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:03 am

From the A's beat reporter: Like Street and the team's medical folks, I have absolutely no clue when he'll be back on the mound. Huston says he's pain-free, but every time he's thrown since going on the shelf, he's had to shut it down with what he describes as "fatigue."

I didn't cover the games on Saturday and Sunday, but apparently there's some thought being given to keeping Street off the mound in Texas. With Thursday's off-day, that would mean he'll have had nine days off by Friday's series opener in Kansas City

I think the 15-day DL is a possibility, but the A's have been strangely reluctant to go that route in recent years. Last season alone, the team left itself short-handed a bunch of times by either foregoing or delaying the use of the DL in the cases of Justin Duchscherer (back), Kiko Calero (elbow), Bobby Crosby (ankle), Rich Harden (lat strain) and Mark Kotsay (back), so I really don't have much of a clue there either.

The DL makes sense here because they could place Street on it retroactive to the day he was injured, which would have him eligible to come off the DL when they get home from the current road trip, May 3. Sure, that means he'd miss the three games in KC and two in Anaheim, but I can't see how he'd be sharp enough to pitch Friday or Saturday in KC after nine days off, anyway. So why not send him back to the Bay Area for continued treatment now and let him throw in a game or two for the River Cats before getting back on a big-league mound? It's too early in the year -- and in Street's career -- not to be extremely careful with this thing.

As for who will close, it will no doubt continue to be the dreaded "committee."
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:34 am

jh2031 wrote:From the A's beat reporter: Like Street and the team's medical folks, I have absolutely no clue when he'll be back on the mound. Huston says he's pain-free, but every time he's thrown since going on the shelf, he's had to shut it down with what he describes as "fatigue."

I didn't cover the games on Saturday and Sunday, but apparently there's some thought being given to keeping Street off the mound in Texas. With Thursday's off-day, that would mean he'll have had nine days off by Friday's series opener in Kansas City

I think the 15-day DL is a possibility, but the A's have been strangely reluctant to go that route in recent years. Last season alone, the team left itself short-handed a bunch of times by either foregoing or delaying the use of the DL in the cases of Justin Duchscherer (back), Kiko Calero (elbow), Bobby Crosby (ankle), Rich Harden (lat strain) and Mark Kotsay (back), so I really don't have much of a clue there either.

The DL makes sense here because they could place Street on it retroactive to the day he was injured, which would have him eligible to come off the DL when they get home from the current road trip, May 3. Sure, that means he'd miss the three games in KC and two in Anaheim, but I can't see how he'd be sharp enough to pitch Friday or Saturday in KC after nine days off, anyway. So why not send him back to the Bay Area for continued treatment now and let him throw in a game or two for the River Cats before getting back on a big-league mound? It's too early in the year -- and in Street's career -- not to be extremely careful with this thing.

As for who will close, it will no doubt continue to be the dreaded "committee."


Sounds fishy. I'm glad I have Duchscherererer.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1371
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact