Hater Doesn't Mean, "One Who Disagrees" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hater Doesn't Mean, "One Who Disagrees"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Yeah English has really gone down the toilet this decade. I partially blame the internet. I hate when kids started using "owned." It made no sense at all. Then some retard decided to skip typing class and used "pwned", which spread like wild fire. I can't go through a basketball game without hearing some kid at the handball courts sreaming "pwned" like a moron. :-t
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:36 am

dyuen87 wrote:Yeah English has really gone down the toilet this decade. I partially blame the internet. I hate when kids started using "owned." It made no sense at all. Then some retard decided to skip typing class and used "pwned", which spread like wild fire. I can't go through a basketball game without hearing some kid at the handball courts sreaming "pwned" like a moron. :-t

Yeah, you aren't supposed to pronounce it with a "p". Idiots.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:44 am

While this is no golden rule, I find that often those who say something along the lines of "don't hate" can't defend their position, are insecure about what's being "hated," or are just plain idiots. The general exception to this is when the one saying don't hate isn't the one defending themselves or their position.

It does make it worse that they often use it incorrectly as well. :-[
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby theclefe » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:08 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:Yeah English has really gone down the toilet this decade. I partially blame the internet. I hate when kids started using "owned." It made no sense at all. Then some retard decided to skip typing class and used "pwned", which spread like wild fire. I can't go through a basketball game without hearing some kid at the handball courts sreaming "pwned" like a moron. :-t

You're not? I never understood. I would only see it pnline. No pne ever verbally pwned me.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:58 pm

theclefe wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

You're not? I never understood. I would only see it pnline. No pne ever verbally pwned me.

I just verbally pwned you clefe, but I pronounced it with a 'p' so I don't think it counts.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Red Stripe » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:39 pm

Haha, every other day I hear somebody tell me there going to pwn me because they are 1337, r0x0rz s0x0rz.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:27 am

Red Stripe wrote:Haha, every other day I hear somebody tell me there going to pwn me because they are 1337, r0x0rz s0x0rz.

8-o

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:59 am

Red Stripe wrote:Haha, every other day I hear somebody tell me there going to pwn me because they are 1337, r0x0rz s0x0rz.

Sounds like you need to move to a location where there are real people instead of morons. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ukrneal » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:16 pm

I hate in when that happens. And they take an egg-beater and stick it up your nose to get the stuff in there out...

I hate it when that happens...

Or then you take a meat thermometer and whack it into your ear with a ball peen hammer...

Oh man, I hate it when that happens...
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:21 pm

ukrneal wrote:

I hate in when that happens. And they take an egg-beater and stick it up your nose to get the stuff in there out...

I hate it when that happens...

Or then you take a meat thermometer and whack it into your ear with a ball peen hammer...

Oh man, I hate it when that happens...

I'm so confused... :-? 8-o :-o
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk