Hater Doesn't Mean, "One Who Disagrees" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hater Doesn't Mean, "One Who Disagrees"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hater Doesn't Mean, "One Who Disagrees"

Postby benjapage » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:55 pm

who are these suburban punks abusing ghetto terminology?

stop it.

if you know the crabs-in-a-bucket theory, then you probably know the real significance of the "hater" culture.

short rant out,
b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:20 pm

Hater \Hat"er\, n.
One who hates.

;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hater Doesn't Mean, "One Who Disagrees"

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:54 pm

benjapage wrote:who are these suburban punks abusing ghetto terminology?

stop it.

if you know the crabs-in-a-bucket theory, then you probably know the real significance of the "hater" culture.

short rant out,
b

I don't know the crabs-in-a-bucket theory, I'm from the burbs.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DK » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Hater \Hat"er\, n.
One who hates.

;-)

What? There's no way that's right.

Check your definition, hater.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:05 pm

Why don't you quit hatin' you hater?

Ugh, my students say that crap all the time, and I wish it wouldn't cost me my job to up and slap them upside the head for it. I lay into my players if they say it and I'm coaching though; no mercy.

bigh0rt gives that a big hateriffic, hatehastic, hatetacular :-t in the 3rd person.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:11 am

Agreed. Kids nowadays have no idea what the word "hate" really means. It's everywhere, and it's stupid. :-/ :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:02 am

i think hater is a good word. or the act of hating, how it's used, is pretty descriptive. it just means that your not respecting someone whos doing well for themself.

i dont use the word, but i think it serves its purpose well.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:43 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i think hater is a good word. or the act of hating, how it's used, is pretty descriptive. it just means that your not respecting someone whos doing well for themself.

The problem is that kids don't seem to understand when it's appropriate or not. Say for example someone thinks Shelton is going to hit 50 home runs this year. Anyone who disagrees with him is all of a sudden labeled a "hater", when most people simply look at the numbers and doubt it will happen. Sure, if someone says Shelton's an idiot, or says Shelton's just lucky, then sure, I can see calling that person a "hater". Unfortunately, the label gets thrown around way too much, and the majority of the time it's not used properly. That's my problem with it, and why the whole idea of that word is stupid in my opinion. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:02 am

Madison wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:i think hater is a good word. or the act of hating, how it's used, is pretty descriptive. it just means that your not respecting someone whos doing well for themself.

The problem is that kids don't seem to understand when it's appropriate or not. Say for example someone thinks Shelton is going to hit 50 home runs this year. Anyone who disagrees with him is all of a sudden labeled a "hater", when most people simply look at the numbers and doubt it will happen. Sure, if someone says Shelton's an idiot, or says Shelton's just lucky, then sure, I can see calling that person a "hater". Unfortunately, the label gets thrown around way too much, and the majority of the time it's not used properly. That's my problem with it, and why the whole idea of that word is stupid in my opinion. :-t

yea i hear what youre saying. im assuming this entire thread has somthing to do with the "tru" thread. there was nothing in that thread that didnt seem to give me a pounding headache, including his misinterpritation of the use of hater.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:00 pm

It's not just the "Tru" thread, there are tons of threads where people use the word "hater" incorrectly, and it's been going on for at least a couple of years. I was called a Loaiza hater simply because I was/still am a non-believer in him. Everything I said had stats to back it up, yet I was a "hater". It's not a new term anymore, so the "coolness" of it is long gone, it's not used correctly, and just needs to fade off into the distance. No need for something that most people cannot even understand well enough to use correctly. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk