Schillings back so strategy change - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Schillings back so strategy change

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Schillings back so strategy change

Postby BillyMafia » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:26 pm

I'm in 14 team 5x5 H2H league. I drafted hitting early and am pretty strong. Both weeks I won 4 of 5 hitting cats. Last year I won first by punting saves and going with all starters and drafted the same this year. My P staff is F Hernandez, C Schilling, B Webb, K Escobar, D Davis, M Cain and CC Sabathia. We start 5 each week and that gives me the flexibility to play matchups and get 2 start P's. I figure all I have to do is get W's and K's and then try to steal a ERA or WHIP cat if I can. With the old Schilling back, better games ahead for Felix, and Webb pitching well, I was wondering if I should maybe pick up a couple low era/whip guys and try to win those cat's and then hope to win W's and K's. The two guys I was contemplating were S Shields and M Gonzalez. Gonzalez could help me tie in SV's but I would not count on winning that cat as most usually start two closers or their closers are better then Gonzalez (why he is on waivers). I would then probably start Felix and Schilling each week and then play matchup between Escobar, Webb and Davis. So I would probably drop Cain and CC (or keep CC and drop someone else). Or would it be a good idea to just pick up one of those guys to help me. Like most teams right now, a few pitchers are really blowing up my era and whip and basically negating the good games Schilling and Webb have been giving me.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:46 pm

Use the enter button so we can actually read what you wrote. Are you asking us about if you should drop certain guys? If so I don't think this thread belongs here. 8-o
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BillyMafia » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:10 pm

Sorry didn't plan to write that much. This is more of a strategy question as there are a few other era/whip guys that might be better for this strategy (Od Perez, S Baker, B Radke).
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:20 pm

He'll blow out something next month
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:32 pm

You gotta edit that, it's unreadable :-?
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:55 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 569)

Return to Baseball Leftovers