How secure is Kim's spot as BoSox's closer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How secure is Kim's spot as BoSox's closer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How secure is Kim's spot as BoSox's closer?

Postby Happy Homer » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:50 pm

I'm looking to acquire BYKim in order to get some more save help but if his job isn't secure and he's hopping back and forth between starter and closer I dunno if I can give up one of my other closers. I have a deal in the works to land me Soriano, Thome and Kim for Meche, Helton, Biddle and Todd Walker, should I cancel the trade? He said he likes the offer and will most likely accept it. Help! Thanks!
Happy Homer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:56 pm

Well, it sounds like the Red Sox are happy with the affect having a closer at the end of their pen has had on the entire bullpen, so I wouldn't see them going to committee anytime soon. Also, with Urbina and Benitez now off the market, the only closers that Boston could possibly acquire would be guys like Williams, Jimenez and DeJean, none of whom I can see getting the job over Kim. More likely, Boston will acquire a starting pitcher.

I think it's almost certain that Kim stays as the closer for the rest of the year.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers