Worst Song Ever: My Humps - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Worst Song Ever: My Humps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby brandnew » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:35 pm

Man, I really dislike Sean Paul. Is it me or does he just make up words and sounds to rhyme on half his songs? And not in a good way like Snoop.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:09 pm

brandnew wrote:Man, I really dislike Sean Paul. Is it me or does he just make up words and sounds to rhyme on half his songs?

I looked up the lyrics for Temperature and it made my head hurt. :-b I still like the beat though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hybrid » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:23 pm

Madison wrote:
brandnew wrote:Man, I really dislike Sean Paul. Is it me or does he just make up words and sounds to rhyme on half his songs?

I looked up the lyrics for Temperature and it made my head hurt. :-b I still like the beat though. ;-D

That's the problem with so many hip-hop songs now, they use the same beat for different artists no less then 3 times it seems like. So now I hear the same beat but never know if it's a new song ... very irritating. Is it that hard to come up w/ new/priginal stuff, if so they need to just go away.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby warrick95 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:02 am

DK wrote:
warrick95 wrote:LOL @ acs. Funny stuff.

I do agree with what Art and DK say, but only to a degree. The goal is to make money. If I were in their situation, I would sell out, too. I think most people would sell out. I think selling out is rather inevitable and I don't see why people should seem so angry and surprised when it happens.

It's not inevitable at all. Take a look at Immortal Technique; he passed over a 7-figure deal because Sony wanted control over his lyrics. It depends on how much your musical integrity is worth to you.

I disagree with that. While you call it musical integrity, I call it purely being stubborn.

To me, music is a business and a job. I don't see it as the passionate enterprise that you see it. Thus, the goal is to make money by appealing to the fans. I suppose the fans like the "My Humps" type of crap, although I don't. Thus, if they make the stuff, it sells and they make the money. I think it all makes sense. I wouldn't turn down the money myself. I dunno how many of y'all would. Changing yourself to fit an environment is something that occurs everywhere...even baseball.

Anyway, if you want an even worse headache, listen to Elephant Man ("Pon de River, Pon de Bank," "Jook Gal," or "Signal the Plane" to name a few) If you think Sean Paul is strange, this guy is absolutely off the wall. Even though I barely understand what he says and after I looked up the lyrics, I understood even less, I like his lipse and he has great dance beats. Not great music per se, but catchy. (oh by the way, since I can't understand for the life of me what he says, it makes it better than something like "My Humps" where the lyrics disgust me. For all I know, this guy is just spitting sick poetry)

By the way, the dancehall part of reggae is all about the beat to dance to. Don't bother listening to the lyrics or trying to decipher them. I have to admit that the beats are pretty sick, though.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:03 am

acsguitar wrote:Yea those MC D's commericals are awful.

Black Dude "Waz up homey me is getting mad fly with them french fries"

Black Girl "Hmmm I like his style for shizzle"

My god can you stereotype any more.

And the humps commerical jesus. Man humps and lumps. Thats cancer and cancer isn't hot.

Is the Hunchback of Notre Dame now a hot arse chick? I'm confused.

Next are they going to make a song called Smell my poo or something. ICK

Hollerback was awful too..

So we've established

Mcdonalds = Moronic Evil Devil Worshippers.
My Humps and Hollerback girl = Violently Horrible Songs

Was there really an add that said i'd hit it to a sandwhich?

How does that conversation go.

Blindingly White Exec #1 "Hey I heard my daughter talking on the phone last night to her friend Susie. She said "I'd hit it like 15 times" Then she said her friend john Hit it like 10 times in the parking lot of Wendy's last weeked and that it was amazing. So I assume John was eating a Wendy's sandwhich alot last weekend. We need to steal that saying before it applies to Wendy's. God I'm smart lets go find some hookers to blow coke off of."

Blindingly White Exec #2 "Hmmm...So if John hit it 10 times last week we could get everyone to hit it soon. Brilliant Idea. Your daughter sure is smart thank god for her friend John hitting it 10 times last weekend. Hmm in fact now that I think about it I heard my wife talking about our neighbor hitting it a few times last week. Geez what a catch phrase!"

Hmmm I could make a special sauce joke but I'll stop.

I made sure to save it as soon as I saw it. Also, on bad sterotype commercials, how about the squirrel ads for PSP? Funny comic:

My Humps is an awful song. Everytime We Touch is a clearly better dance song.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:05 am

hybrid wrote:
Madison wrote:

That's the problem with so many hip-hop songs now, they use the same beat for different artists no less then 3 times it seems like. So now I hear the same beat but never know if it's a new song ... very irritating. Is it that hard to come up w/ new/priginal stuff, if so they need to just go away.

Speaking of which, and adding to what I was talking about dancehall, they have something they call "riddims" which is basically taking the beats of American songs and rapping/singing over them. They rename the song and say what "riddim" it is from. Does anybody know anything else about this? Seems like an awfully stupid thing to do to me.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:49 am

DK wrote:None of them beat PoPoZao.

They're close, though.

That definitely needed to be noted. My thinking is that the Black Eyed Peas just decided that their fans are a) super loyal, or b) outrageously, incredibly idiotic and wanted to make sure of it by making the worst song they could.

The sad thing is, that a lot of people who listen to it listen to it BECAUSE it sucks. I guess they get a kick out of ear-bleeding music. :-?
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk