Worst Song Ever: My Humps - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Worst Song Ever: My Humps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HiddenIdentity » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:06 pm

I hate the girl dancing in the Verizon commercial more than the song itself.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:16 am

I've had the pleasure of not hearing that stupid song anymore. They've changed the music in the commercial now to Sean Paul's Temperature, and while I still dislike the commercial, and that stupid chick dancing in it, at least it's a song I like. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:19 am

Madison wrote:I've had the pleasure of not hearing that stupid song anymore. They've changed the music in the commercial now to Sean Paul's Temperature, and while I still dislike the commercial, and that stupid chick dancing in it, at least it's a song I like. B-)

Ugh... To be perfectly honest I hate Sean Paul. He's got a good producer behind him but his lyrics/intelligence level are both below sea level.

To each his own, though.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:51 am

DK wrote:
Madison wrote:I've had the pleasure of not hearing that stupid song anymore. They've changed the music in the commercial now to Sean Paul's Temperature, and while I still dislike the commercial, and that stupid chick dancing in it, at least it's a song I like. B-)

Ugh... To be perfectly honest I hate Sean Paul. He's got a good producer behind him but his lyrics/intelligence level are both below sea level.

To each his own, though.

I have to admit that I don't listen to Sean Paul, but I happened to see the video for Get Busy, and liked it back when it was new. I saw the video while channel surfing a week or so ago, and went to Yahoo's Launch to check out some more of his music. They had the video for Temperature and I like that one too. Not a big fan of some of his other stuff, but I haven't watched all of them yet. Right now, only Get Busy, Temperature, and Like Glue is all I know of by him that I like.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:27 am

benjapage wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:The Black Eyed Peas are the worst thing that has ever happened to music and embody everything that is bad about the music industry.

i dislike the song, but your assessment is dreadful. their debut record, "behind the front," is banging.

at least the bumps/lumps song is half-way funny.

jackson brown has written 100 versions of the same song, and they're all much worse than BEP. in this shyte bin, one must also include the bulk of bob seger's material. while we're raking muck, let's not miss alan jackson (are you freaking KIDDING ME?) and toby keith. that, friends is soulless and humorless trash. believe me, i could go on for days. BEP is far from the end of the sidewalk, friends.

b

Totally agree, that Ladder to Heaven song...what the hell was that? (OK that was a South Park spoof, but it was just as good (bad?) as Jacksons World Stopped Turning song)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:52 am

Funny. I'm visiting DC for the week and I met a girl at the park yesterday. We spent a few hours going to bars, museums, etc. On the way back to her apartment, some guy drove buy blaring "My Humps." We decided at that moment that "My Humps" would be our song. It's a terrible, terrible song.

Really, can you imagine saying to a woman: "Hey, baby, nice hump?" That's crazy. You'd be dead within seconds.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby benjapage » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:00 am

but the humps song was, at least, in the spirit of being silly/stupid...unlike jackson brown, alan jackson, bob seger, r.kelly, american idol drivel, toby keith, and the whining, rich-boy emo bands.

line up the lot of 'em and play "flying home" by lionel hampton, using 2x4s as mallets, and their heads as the wooden xylophone bars.

turn the page, :-P

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:03 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Funny. I'm visiting DC for the week and I met a girl at the park yesterday. We spent a few hours going to bars, museums, etc. On the way back to her apartment, some guy drove buy blaring "My Humps." We decided at that moment that "My Humps" would be our song. It's a terrible, terrible song.

Really, can you imagine saying to a woman: "Hey, baby, nice hump?" That's crazy. You'd be dead within seconds.

I FOUND AA!!!

YES!!!!! wwoooooo
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:51 pm

I can tell you that there is no "musician" who takes himself so seriously and perpetuates the stereotype of dumb, uncultured, redneck, trashy, arrogant Americans more than Toby Keith. I hate him.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:I can tell you that there is no "musician" who takes himself so seriously and perpetuates the stereotype of dumb, uncultured, redneck, trashy, arrogant Americans more than Toby Keith. I hate him.

You obviously don't love Gods America and support terrorism you should be proud :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk