100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

April 20th.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nuggets » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:30 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
nuggets wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:There's about to be another Oregonian on this board...I'm moving to Southern Oregon soon.

Anyway, I find it utterly ridiculous that marijuana is still illegal in the US. I don't even smoke it myself, but any adult who wishes to should be able to without having to risk being arrested.

it's becasue there's no money to be made by Uncle Sam from legalizing it. it's not like they can tax the hell out of something i can grow in my own backyard or basement

What about Tobacco and alcohol. It's not hard to make it yourself and you know about the taxing I'm sure.

oh cmon now, it's 100 times easier (and cheaper) to grow your own pot than to grow your own tobacco or brew your own hooch. as far as i know tobacco will only grown in certain regions, and you have to dry the leaves out for some time.

beer and wine might be a little easier, but i'd rather just be able to run up to the corner store and grab a sixer....and what if you want whiskey or a nice 15 year scotch or any of them fruity girly drinks

as far as pot...the stuff will grow just about anywhere with little to no effort. i wouldnt be paying $5 for a government joint if i could grow all i want

Um, from actually doing all three of these things myself (Oregon is a medical Pot state) I can tell you they take about the same amount of knowledge and effort to produce high quality results. :-)

And a key to good herb is the proper drying of the buds, just like tobacco ;-)
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:34 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I think it's just because Jesus wouldn't approve.

Exactly. New campaign: Jesus didn't smoke pot, and neither should you. ;-)

Do you all know that a proper translation of the Bible reveals that Jesus used or was "blessed" with a ceremony of soaking his body in hash oil? That would get you pretty damn high.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JTWood » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:50 pm

nuggets wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Do you all know that a proper translation of the Bible reveals that Jesus used or was "blessed" with a ceremony of soaking his body in hash oil? That would get you pretty damn high.

Everyone always has their "you know, if you translate the Bible the right way" story. It's got to the point that it's just ridiculous. I read a stupid theory the other day that the "real translation" of the Bible proves that aliens genetically altered monkeys to make the first humans to help them mine gold to save their atmosphere (seriously).

I categorize all people who use that argument in an according manner.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:59 pm

nuggets wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
nuggets wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Portland must at least have a minor league team; maybe they'll move the Marlins there :-?

AA Sea Dogs (BOS)

AAA Beavers (SD)

And just 35 minutes south in Salem/Keizer, A Volcanoes (SF)

We have the 3rd largest (LA, NY) market compared to total pro teams (1). About 2.3 Million in the Porland area. We deserve a baseball team.

The Portland Sea Dogs is Portland, NH. ;-7

And sadly, I've been to a Beavers game after we drove up to Portland from San Francisco. :-o

I was wondering why I had never seen them. :-b

Portland N, Another one eh? Our PTown was named after Maine's.

Woops. Yeah it's Portland, Maine not New Hampshire. I always get it confused with Portsmouth which is in New Hampshire, but there is no Portland in NH. :-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:02 pm

nuggets wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Did you know that the Bible is just a collection of stories that have been written many times and changed many times to suit who is in power, and therefore, probably isn't a very useful reference.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:05 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
nuggets wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Did you know that the Bible is just a collection of stories that have been written many times and changed many times to suit who is in power, and therefore, probably isn't a very useful reference.

Did I just shift into Dan Brown's alternate universe?

Where did all this unfounded Christian paranoia come from?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:03 pm

JTWood wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
nuggets wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Ha, nice call. If you had, I would have also talked about how friggin great Wicca or something like that was. However, it is true that there have been many different versions of the Bible, depending on the age and what church you go to.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:07 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
JTWood wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
nuggets wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Ha, nice call. If you had, I would have also talked about how friggin great Wicca or something like that was. However, it is true that there have been many different versions of the Bible, depending on the age and what church you go to.

There may be different versions, but the I doubt the differences are substantial. I'm talking "thee, thou, you" differences. Though I've never researched it, I doubt that something dramatic has been signifcantly altered. It wouldn't make sense.

The only thing that's ever concerned me about the Bible is who determined what books went in it and how they made those determinations. However, I have faith enough to trust that what's there is what's supposed to be there.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
nuggets wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:There's about to be another Oregonian on this board...I'm moving to Southern Oregon soon.

Anyway, I find it utterly ridiculous that marijuana is still illegal in the US. I don't even smoke it myself, but any adult who wishes to should be able to without having to risk being arrested.

it's becasue there's no money to be made by Uncle Sam from legalizing it. it's not like they can tax the hell out of something i can grow in my own backyard or basement

What about Tobacco and alcohol. It's not hard to make it yourself and you know about the taxing I'm sure.

oh cmon now, it's 100 times easier (and cheaper) to grow your own pot than to grow your own tobacco or brew your own hooch. as far as i know tobacco will only grown in certain regions, and you have to dry the leaves out for some time.

beer and wine might be a little easier, but i'd rather just be able to run up to the corner store and grab a sixer....and what if you want whiskey or a nice 15 year scotch or any of them fruity girly drinks

as far as pot...the stuff will grow just about anywhere with little to no effort. i wouldnt be paying $5 for a government joint if i could grow all i want

I disagree as well. I have never done either of them but I know that it is quicker for me to make my own beer than it is to grow some quality bud.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby nuggets » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
nuggets wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

I disagree as well. I have never done either of them but I know that it is quicker for me to make my own beer than it is to grow some quality bud.

Yea, but that's because nature takes longer...you still spend about the same time and effort on the brew yourselft...
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk