April 20th. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

April 20th.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nuggets » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:52 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:There's about to be another Oregonian on this board...I'm moving to Southern Oregon soon.

Anyway, I find it utterly ridiculous that marijuana is still illegal in the US. I don't even smoke it myself, but any adult who wishes to should be able to without having to risk being arrested.

it's becasue there's no money to be made by Uncle Sam from legalizing it. it's not like they can tax the hell out of something i can grow in my own backyard or basement

What about Tobacco and alcohol. It's not hard to make it yourself and you know about the taxing I'm sure.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:20 pm

nuggets wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Portland must at least have a minor league team; maybe they'll move the Marlins there :-?

AA Sea Dogs (BOS)

AAA Beavers (SD)

And just 35 minutes south in Salem/Keizer, A Volcanoes (SF)

We have the 3rd largest (LA, NY) market compared to total pro teams (1). About 2.3 Million in the Porland area. We deserve a baseball team.

The Portland Sea Dogs is Portland, NH. ;-7

And sadly, I've been to a Beavers game after we drove up to Portland from San Francisco. :-o
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:59 pm

nuggets wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:There's about to be another Oregonian on this board...I'm moving to Southern Oregon soon.

Anyway, I find it utterly ridiculous that marijuana is still illegal in the US. I don't even smoke it myself, but any adult who wishes to should be able to without having to risk being arrested.

it's becasue there's no money to be made by Uncle Sam from legalizing it. it's not like they can tax the hell out of something i can grow in my own backyard or basement

What about Tobacco and alcohol. It's not hard to make it yourself and you know about the taxing I'm sure.

oh cmon now, it's 100 times easier (and cheaper) to grow your own pot than to grow your own tobacco or brew your own hooch. as far as i know tobacco will only grown in certain regions, and you have to dry the leaves out for some time.

beer and wine might be a little easier, but i'd rather just be able to run up to the corner store and grab a sixer....and what if you want whiskey or a nice 15 year scotch or any of them fruity girly drinks

as far as pot...the stuff will grow just about anywhere with little to no effort. i wouldnt be paying $5 for a government joint if i could grow all i want
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:10 pm

Gotta disagree with you there, Danny boy. Good pot is not that easy to grow at all. You can't just throw the seeds in the ground and smoke what grows. First you need to buy seeds that are actually worth growing- they're not cheap and they're not for sale in this country. Second you need a grow room, or at least a closet lined with reflective paper and high watt bulbs. After the plants start to grow you have to pull out and destroy half of the crop because some will be male which is hemp, and they somehow poison the roots of the the females, which produce the buds. It takes 3-4 months for the plants to be harvest-ready. Therefore to keep yourself high you have to stagger your plants' growth cycles every few weeks.

Sounds like a pain in the butt to me! If I was a stoner and pot was legal I think I'd mosey on down to the 7-11 and just buy a pack of joints instead. If pot was legal you can bet it would be the highest quality possible for sale.

(This is all information I learned from my ex roommate, the huge pot head burnout who started a grow room in our upstairs closet a few years back without my permission. I do not smoke or grow pot, and I never will) :-b
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:58 pm

I think it's just because Jesus wouldn't approve.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:27 pm

Coppermine wrote:I think it's just because Jesus wouldn't approve.

Exactly. New campaign: Jesus didn't smoke pot, and neither should you. ;-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:49 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Happy pot head day

Oh yea wrong forum...silly stoner

if i could live anywhere it would be colorado... they legalized it late last year

I don't understand how this works, since isn't marijuana a federal controlled substance, and federal laws ALWAYS override those of the state?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:52 pm

Yeah, its pretty ridiculous that its illegal but alcohol and tobacco isn't. Either ban all 3, or legalize it, put it in the hands of American corporations, and tax the hell out of it. And no, don't pretend that everyone will "grow their own".
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:12 pm

Hello, marijuana will also grow only in certain regions outdoors. For most of the US, its not built for the climate. If you seriously think that people would grow their own rather than buy it, you must be high right now. And even if they did, they'd still get taxed to buy the seeds and such.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby nuggets » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:29 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
nuggets wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Portland must at least have a minor league team; maybe they'll move the Marlins there :-?

AA Sea Dogs (BOS)

AAA Beavers (SD)

And just 35 minutes south in Salem/Keizer, A Volcanoes (SF)

We have the 3rd largest (LA, NY) market compared to total pro teams (1). About 2.3 Million in the Porland area. We deserve a baseball team.

The Portland Sea Dogs is Portland, NH. ;-7

And sadly, I've been to a Beavers game after we drove up to Portland from San Francisco. :-o

I was wondering why I had never seen them. :-b

Portland N, Another one eh? Our PTown was named after Maine's.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk