Drew Sitting....again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Drew Sitting....again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drew Sitting....again

Postby Doughhead » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:38 pm

This guy is getting the playing time of a catcher. Will this continue all season and if so, how much does this hurt me in a league with weekly changes? I was really counting on Drew in my OF.

:-o :-o :-o
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:20 am

hes most likely sitting cuz dodgers are facing a lefty
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby pangbones » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:59 am

Little said he has a plan for Drew. He'll give him more time off so he stays healthy. Looks like he'll get a day off each week. :-t
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby number9 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:30 am

Yeah, Drew at 20% mark down on counting stats is less attractive, but that was expected. But then again, I hate trying to see who is getting benched that day for rest right before game time. Adds extra stress and chores to FBB. Everday players who may perform slightly worse but can play every single game, are starting to look kinda attractive..

Apr 19 Losangeles.Dodgers.MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports Los Angeles Dodgers OF J.D. Drew, who was 0-for-25 out of the gate last year, is batting .327 with 10 RBI and a .441 on-base percentage. The team will give him ample time to rest to avoid a repeat of last year's slump in both games played and statistics. "What we're looking for is 130, 135, 140 games, instead of 72 (last year's total)," said Dodgers manager Grady Little. "Keep it this way, we're not wearing him down." (KFFL)
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby seniorpaul » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:34 am

Is anyone actually surprised that Drew isn't playing everyday? What, at any point in his career, has JD shown that he was capable of making it through a whole season healthy?
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Doughhead » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:32 am

seniorpaul wrote:Is anyone actually surprised that Drew isn't playing everyday? What, at any point in his career, has JD shown that he was capable of making it through a whole season healthy?

Give me a break. The guy is 30 years old. He's pretty much healthy and should be able to play every day. Enough with this "I told you so" nonsense--very unhelpful. If a guy is good enough and healthy enough, there shouldn't be any reason to keep him out of the lineup. :-[
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby apz » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:09 am

Doughhead wrote:
seniorpaul wrote:Is anyone actually surprised that Drew isn't playing everyday? What, at any point in his career, has JD shown that he was capable of making it through a whole season healthy?

Give me a break. The guy is 30 years old. He's pretty much healthy and should be able to play every day. Enough with this "I told you so" nonsense--very unhelpful. If a guy is good enough and healthy enough, there shouldn't be any reason to keep him out of the lineup. :-[

His manager has pretty much stated that he won't be starting every day. He's only reached 500ab in a season once so I can see the point. Check the stats.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 33)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:12 pm

I trust nobody here reached into the early rounds to draft this guy.

As a 16th-round OF 4/5, Drew will give me better numbers in 135 games at 100 percent than he would in 78 games at varying degrees of health. I'm holding.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheOmen » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:32 pm

AKhomebrewer wrote:I trust nobody here reached into the early rounds to draft this guy.

As a 16th-round OF 4/5, Drew will give me better numbers in 135 games at 100 percent than he would in 78 games at varying degrees of health. I'm holding.

Exactly. ;-D I picked him off the WW. He gets hurt? Big deal, I'll, throw him on the dl.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Doughhead » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:37 pm

TheOmen wrote:
AKhomebrewer wrote:I trust nobody here reached into the early rounds to draft this guy.

Exactly. ;-D I picked him off the WW. He gets hurt? Big deal, I'll, throw him on the dl.

That was my thinking as well. But getting every 5th or 6th game off is almost worse than him getting hurt--at least then I could drop him or stash him on my DL until he comes back and plays every day. But in a league with weekly changes, I basically lose his ABs every few days the way things are now. I don't want to drop him because I know he can be good, but I can see this is going to be frustrating.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates