Harden now available in Yahoo leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harden now available in Yahoo leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thehat » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:43 pm

Here is the classic example of my complaint with Yahoo. Their own rules dictate that players be added to the pool once they have played, yet they frequently go more than a week before adding players. They are also not supposed to activate players till they have appeared, yet now they make Harden available before he's been in a game. Interesting to note that they did not make Rich Haren available till today, although he has been with the Cardinals for about three weeks. I wish they would get a bit more consistent with implementation of their own rules.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:48 pm

I think what they do is wait until there is a batch of players to be added, and add them once every couple of weeks. They were probably due to add guys like Haren, Henderson, etc and since Harden was called up, they added him in too so everyone wouldn't have to wait another 2 weeks for him. It shouldn't be a big deal because most leagues have 2-3 day waiver periods, and anyone paying attention should be aware that he'd been added before someone else with lower priority gets him. It's for that reason alone that I make a habit of checking the player adjustments daily.

I think the ideal situation would be for Yahoo to just add new players that are called up every day when they are called up, just like they do for DL moves and position eligibility. At any rate, it's a free service so you can't really complain that hard.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers