Is Lohse BETTER than Liriano? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Lohse BETTER than Liriano?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George Bell » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:47 am

Sadly, some poor souls (such as myself) are saddled with Kyle Lohse on their pitching staff. Yes, get your chuckles in now. Unfortunate indeed. Remarkably, I am still in contention.
I have a chance to lose Lohse in a trade for Shawn Chacon, though it will cost me my 1st round farm pick in '07.
I know I should be jumping at this opportunity, but have some concerns about Chacon's start to the season....though, he certainly couldn't be worse than Lohse...could he?
George Bell 1987 AL MVP
"Kiss my purple butt."
George Bell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TonyCee » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:19 am

George Bell wrote:Sadly, some poor souls (such as myself) are saddled with Kyle Lohse on their pitching staff. Yes, get your chuckles in now. Unfortunate indeed. Remarkably, I am still in contention.
I have a chance to lose Lohse in a trade for Shawn Chacon, though it will cost me my 1st round farm pick in '07.
I know I should be jumping at this opportunity, but have some concerns about Chacon's start to the season....though, he certainly couldn't be worse than Lohse...could he?

I'm not sure if giving up that 1st Round farm pick is worth it, I think both players aren't that good, I would probably hold tight and hope for the best.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Joe Mauer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:10 pm

Lohse is off to a horrible start to say the least. However, he has been a below-average starter the last couple of seasons, not chopped-liver. With adequate run support he would have sported a better record the last couple of seasons, but the Twins can not provide on a consistent basis adequate run support.

Am I a fan of his? No.
Did I think he was worthy of a starting rotation spot entering the season? Yes
Do I think he is worth one now? No, time to give someone else (Liriano) the ball.
Would I ever have Lohse on my fantasy team: No, due to low run support, him being a below-average starter and him not a big K guy.
Is what the Twins are doing with Liriano good? Yes, it worked for Santana.
Will Liriano be starting my the end of May at the latest? I have no doubt.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby benjapage » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:17 pm

Joe Mauer wrote:Am I a fan of his? No.
Did I think he was worthy of a starting rotation spot entering the season? Yes
Do I think he is worth one now? No, time to give someone else (Liriano) the ball.
Would I ever have Lohse on my fantasy team: No, due to low run support, him being a below-average starter and him not a big K guy.
Is what the Twins are doing with Liriano good? Yes, it worked for Santana.
Will Liriano be starting my the end of May at the latest? I have no doubt.

do you enjoy the rhetorical questions? yes.
would it be possible to just have a sentence instead of the call and response? absolutely.
are rhetorical questions bad? not really.
then why am i all up in your grill? not really sure.
am i going to finish that cookie? probably, and no you can't have it.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers