Yahoo league trick for pitchers coming off the DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo league trick for pitchers coming off the DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:38 pm

Thats a good tip. Most of you are probably aware of another quirk, but I'll write it anyway. I've done something similar with Josh Beckett. He was on the DL on waivers. The day he came back, he pitched really well, so I grabbed him and stashed him on the DL before Yahoo took him off. So, I was able to hold him on the DL for a couple of weeks when he wasn't actually on the DL. The only problem with that strategy is that you can't add/drop anyone until you take him off the DL unless he actually goes back on the DL.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:39 pm

I posted something under the Ruth/Bonds thread similar to this. As commish, you should think this through. Why is it cheating? Isn't this a strategy available to all players in the league? If the Yahoo! system allows it, and it does not involve collusion, etc. why would you call it cheating?

I call it gamesmanship. If you think it should be illegal, then you should let Yahoo! know about it. Until they actually make it illegal, though, it's not cheating.

I agree. Some people may argue that it's unfair because everyone may not know about it, but if you are paying any attention at all to what other owners are doing with their rosters, you can see them making that kind of move and just do the same thing the next time one of your starters comes off the DL.[/quote]
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers