Yahoo league mess (Did I do the right thing?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo league mess (Did I do the right thing?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheRock » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:34 am

Well, I wouldn't tell him to go $%#^ himself. Might be appropriate, he sounds like a real ass. But not the most productive thing.

This guy sounds like what I imagine to be the worst kind of boss. Overbearing, power-hungry, only knows how to manipulate people with threats and coersion. I'd never play with him again and if you had to work for him, I'd tell you to quit, not worth the hassle.

He has completed abused his powers as commish, and I suspect everyone knows this and the only one's not upset about it are the people who have benefitted from it, don't care enough about it, or don't follow the league closely enough to realize it.

That being said, the best thing for you to do would be to try to work out a better solution. The commish cannot have complete authority over all trades including his own. The league needs to find a solution that all can live with that is deemed fair. This cannot be one man's league where everyone else has to play by his rules. In my league, we rotate the commish every year and the commish really has no power at all, just a job.

But, we may be beyond that. If you've decided you cannot find any joy in this league at all and wish to no longer participate, simply stop updating your team. Leave your best players in your lineup so that maybe at least some teams will have the shame of losing to an inactive team. You can leave a message on your message board explaining your reasons - you've got good ones. I would give the a-hole commish rights to your team for one reason - to put your players back. Take it back immediately after and lock the ba$tard out.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sponge » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:35 pm

Your boss is a dipchit...
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Sponge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:40 pm

Well, I wouldn't tell him to go $%#^ himself. Might be appropriate, he sounds like a real ass. But not the most productive thing.

very true. you dont want to start calling him names. you just want him to know that you have more class than he does and you arent scared of his idle threats. deactivation of the account is one of the last actions yahoo will take, not the first. since what you did is in violation of the rules, yahoo could take some action against you, but more than likely it will be 1)The suspension of specific game privileges (trading, message board posting, etc.) for the remainder of the season or 2) The suspension of ALL playing privileges for the remainder of the season. you have to do something really really bad to get your account deactivated altogether.

normally, i dont like dropping all of your players because it can hurt the other teams that are still taking it seriously and it is against the rules. however, it doesnt seem like there are too many people taking it seriously in that league.

i would just tell the guy that you dont need to cheat and bend the rules to have fun, but if he needs to do that so he can sleep at night then he can have all your players. and definitely call his bluff on the the yahoo account.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Hyde » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:57 pm

You never mentioned if everyone threw in a few bucks and the winner gets the money. If that is the case I would demand that I get my money back. If no money is on the line, then just let the 5 year old commish take control of your team and forget about that league. You won't be able to work anything out to make the league more fair as long as that guy is the commish. Yahoo wouldn't delete your account unless you called them and told them to delete it. Yahoo might change the setting to allow the commish to take over your team though.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timkell » Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:30 pm

I wouldn't have done the player drop thing, but I won't fault you for it. It's no worse than what this commissioner has been doing.

I will say that there is NO WAY yahoo will inavtivate your account without notifying you directly. They don't know this guy from a hole in the wall either.

That's a bunch of bs.

Ignore him. Do what you want.

If you're still worried about it, here's Yahoo!'s terms of service:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Check out section 13.

Here's the FLB terms:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... guidelines

There are some things in here that may be of concern, but I still wouldn't worry about it. You could just as easily report him at the bottom.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jebatzel » Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:50 pm

I just wrote him this e-mail:

"I don't see the need to freeze everyone. They can't pickup players till they clear waivers right?

we need to discuss a solution to the trade policy.

I feel like I have no say when a trade happens in the league. I think everyone should be able to see the trade. you aproving trade so fast doesn't give everyone a chance to see it."

he froze the whole league he says though some people are still able to post.

I am considering coming back if he changes his trade policy.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:22 pm

Why? That league sounds hopeless(imo) I'd cut my losses and just get out. Don't give him control of your team! That would be giving him a farm team. If you want to do a small kick in the nads to him. Just bench your team, yahoo ranks leaders by how competitve their leagues are(how many daily transactions,wire pick ups etc etc). I'm 99.9% sure he didn't call Yahoo. He froze your league , what an ass. Just get out and better luck next year. If it's your only baseball sorry but you should have a kickass draft during football.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby jebatzel » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:46 pm

I am in 2 other yahoo leagues both public, so no comish in either one.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:56 pm

I wouldn't sweat it then , just forget about the league knowing that it was rigged and never play with that guy again. Why cheat ? He must have some issues with losing or if it was for money a serious gambling problem. It's just a game , to have a power trip over your family and co-workers is disturbing.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby jebatzel » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:32 pm

when he is in first place he will be talking a ton of trash too, but when he is not in first he is crazied.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers