Yahoo league mess (Did I do the right thing?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo league mess (Did I do the right thing?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JRRNeiklot » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:55 am

I think he's bluffing about getting your account deleted. I had two guys dump their players, and I asked Yahoo about getting access so I could add those players back so it wouldn't screw up the league. They pretty much told me to f off.
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:00 am

It's in Yahoo's best interest to not delete accounts. It's all about the advertising. The more accounts they have, the more they can sell the ad space for. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I'd check my e-mail once a day or so just to be safe.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thehat » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:03 am

Sorry, but you were WAY out of line waiving your best players. If you don't like the way a league is run, it's easy enough to simply not participate. But when you dump your players, it completely screws up the league for others who may have been having fun. You basically decided that since you didn't like the way the guy was running things, you'd simply sabotage the entire league (which is precisely what you've done with this adolescent maneuver, no two ways about it).

I find your behavior to be outrageously selfish.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby mrmarley » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:55 am

thehat wrote:I find your behavior to be outrageously selfish.

I disagree...in a situation where you have a commish accepting good deals for himself, and vetoing good deals for others, the integrity of the league is already gone. In this case, do whatever you want and chalk it up to a loss for the season.

As far as Yahoo deleting your account, no chance. That's just a sad attempt at giving him control. You have nothing to worry about, believe me.
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Super GM » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:16 am

I agree with the others, the guy is bluffing. He can't just ask Yahoo to delete random accounts...They're not gonna do that. And if you think you need to drop your players, then that's your decision and he's gonna have to live with it. And since there's no rule stating that you can't drop your best players, Yahoo couldn't even go after you even if they wanted to. That's the way I see it.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biglfty » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:49 am

ok, heres what i think. 1) the league sucked, the boss was given you all a screw job 2)you have the right to do whatever you want w/ your team, so i think what you did was fine. 3) dropping your best players doesnt screw up the league at all. w/ waiver priority the players will end up spread out across the league, and it makes no difference really.(that happened in my league) 4) first lets remember this is fantasy baseball and not a moral dillema before we make accusations like, "that was WAY out of line"
biglfty
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jebatzel » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:11 am

here is a list of the people in my league:

1. Thunderwalkers (me)
2. Hurricane Brass (the comish)
3. cp_ru (dan left where we worked too) (hardly ever changes his lineup) (he drafted a really good team though)
4. joe mamma (friend of the comish) (hardly ever changes his lineup) (he drafted a really good team though)
5. Espn Is Fixed (the comish's boss)
6. Parking Ticket Boys (future father-in-law of comish)
7. Crushers (Kyle, another one under comish) (cool guy but he hasn't changed his roster since June 10)
8. BronxBombers (John, another one under comish) (cool guy but he hasn't changed his roster since June 4)
9. Lauchle Lumber (John 2, another one under comish)
10. Botulism@theDiner (Rosie, who the comish openly admitted he was trying to ripoff in trades too) (Comish isn't her boss, but she still works there)
11. Mont.GotKilledByGSV (Espn Is Fixed's son, 11 or 12 years old) (He has a really bad live draft because he was trying to only get Phillies)
12. Big Dogs (Evette, another one under comish) (she let the comish take over her team a couple months back, bad move)

Fun group right?
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Super GM » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:18 am

Yeah, sounds like you got half the commish's family in that league. That is one league I would not want to play in after all you've said that goes on there....
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jebatzel » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:47 am

so either:

A. I go along with the comish and give him control of my team and see what happens. Maybe we can work something out about trades

or

B. Tell him to go s$&#w himself, and just leave things the way there are and see if he can kill my yahoo account.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby biglfty » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:18 am

go w/ b. they wont screw your account. and if they do, just make a new one.
biglfty
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers