I think he's bluffing about getting your account deleted. I had two guys dump their players, and I asked Yahoo about getting access so I could add those players back so it wouldn't screw up the league. They pretty much told me to f off.
It's in Yahoo's best interest to not delete accounts. It's all about the advertising. The more accounts they have, the more they can sell the ad space for. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I'd check my e-mail once a day or so just to be safe.
Yes doctor, I am sick. Sick of those who are spineless. Sick of those who feel self-entitled. Sick of those who are hypocrites. Yes doctor, an army is forming. Yes doctor, there will be a war. Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Sorry, but you were WAY out of line waiving your best players. If you don't like the way a league is run, it's easy enough to simply not participate. But when you dump your players, it completely screws up the league for others who may have been having fun. You basically decided that since you didn't like the way the guy was running things, you'd simply sabotage the entire league (which is precisely what you've done with this adolescent maneuver, no two ways about it).
thehat wrote:I find your behavior to be outrageously selfish.
I disagree...in a situation where you have a commish accepting good deals for himself, and vetoing good deals for others, the integrity of the league is already gone. In this case, do whatever you want and chalk it up to a loss for the season.
As far as Yahoo deleting your account, no chance. That's just a sad attempt at giving him control. You have nothing to worry about, believe me.
I agree with the others, the guy is bluffing. He can't just ask Yahoo to delete random accounts...They're not gonna do that. And if you think you need to drop your players, then that's your decision and he's gonna have to live with it. And since there's no rule stating that you can't drop your best players, Yahoo couldn't even go after you even if they wanted to. That's the way I see it.
ok, heres what i think. 1) the league sucked, the boss was given you all a screw job 2)you have the right to do whatever you want w/ your team, so i think what you did was fine. 3) dropping your best players doesnt screw up the league at all. w/ waiver priority the players will end up spread out across the league, and it makes no difference really.(that happened in my league) 4) first lets remember this is fantasy baseball and not a moral dillema before we make accusations like, "that was WAY out of line"
1. Thunderwalkers (me)
2. Hurricane Brass (the comish)
3. cp_ru (dan left where we worked too) (hardly ever changes his lineup) (he drafted a really good team though)
4. joe mamma (friend of the comish) (hardly ever changes his lineup) (he drafted a really good team though)
5. Espn Is Fixed (the comish's boss)
6. Parking Ticket Boys (future father-in-law of comish)
7. Crushers (Kyle, another one under comish) (cool guy but he hasn't changed his roster since June 10)
8. BronxBombers (John, another one under comish) (cool guy but he hasn't changed his roster since June 4)
9. Lauchle Lumber (John 2, another one under comish)
10. Botulism@theDiner (Rosie, who the comish openly admitted he was trying to ripoff in trades too) (Comish isn't her boss, but she still works there)
11. Mont.GotKilledByGSV (Espn Is Fixed's son, 11 or 12 years old) (He has a really bad live draft because he was trying to only get Phillies)
12. Big Dogs (Evette, another one under comish) (she let the comish take over her team a couple months back, bad move)