No One Wants Vazquez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No One Wants Vazquez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

No One Wants Vazquez

Postby Bender » Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:36 am

I have tried to trade him, along with either Edgardo Alfonzo or Orlando Cabrera etc. for - Jeter, Jason Giambi, Nomar and Klesko.

I guess I am aiming a little too high. It sucks now because I could replace him so easy with the pitchers available in my league, like Brian Lawrence, Doug Davis, Randy Wolf, Matt Clement and Todd Ritchie to name a few.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:41 am

I'd be happy to take him... :->

A stacked waiver wire makes trading harder, but I don't think someone is the Klesko range is aiming too high. Try waiting a bit until he picks up a win or too - maybe then interest will be higher. He's a stud who carries much less risk than the others you mention; someone is bound to realize that soon.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bender » Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:31 am

That's annoying how he pitches so great and doesn't win. Like against the Mets, only one un allowed but it wasn't enough, the Expos must suck, I have read about there situation and it doesn't sound good.

And today the Expos won 5-4 but he didn't get the win.

Could you please explain how that works? I guess it depends on which pitchers give up the runs, but I haven't worked it out yet.

Cool, my futurama avatar is up! Thanks for that.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:48 am

Love the avatar (and I bet cwebb will too)! ;-D (kudos to menyak here)

Vazquez pitched 9 innings, but when he left the game, it was still tied 3-3 (one of the runs he gave up was unearned). The game-winning run only scored in the 15th, when Tucker was pitching.

Yeah, it's annoying when a pitcher does well and doesn't get the win, either because his team doesn't score a lot of runs or, even worse, because his bullpen implodes (owners of Marlins starters know what I mean). It generally all evens out in the end, though...

And you're right - the Expos' situation isn't that great (au revoir Montreal, hello DC?), but they're not bad at the moment, sitting pretty atop the NL East.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:39 pm

but Vazquez still helps you in ERA and WHIP...thats not too bad. And after his last twooutings, I guess his value has risen now!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bender » Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:40 pm

Well, he finally got his first win, the only problem was it was against Roy Oswalt, who I was starting in place of Vazquez. You can't win them all I guess.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bender » Thu May 16, 2002 2:36 am

Another great effort goes unrewarded. Today he pitched 8 scoreless innings against the Giants with just 3 hits and still didn't get a win.

I'd be pretty mad at the relievers if I was him, and their batters too I guess.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Vazquez trade attempt

Postby 84' Tigers » Thu May 16, 2002 3:59 pm

I attempted to trade the Mets closer Benitez and the Marlins closer Nunez for Vazquez and was rejected on both occasions. The 9th place fool counter offered me with Brandon Duckworth for Benitez. It is very lonely at the top!
84' Tigers
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Bender » Sun May 19, 2002 12:19 am

Someone just offered me Mike Sweeney for him. I think I should seriously consider it, because Pedro is going great and I still have Colon, Oswalt and Lieber. Sounds ok to me, but is Mike Sweeney really enough for him? Vazquez does seem to be picking it up now.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Sun May 19, 2002 6:23 am

Vazquez is probably worth a little more than Sweeney, depending on the league scoring, of course. With your pitching staff, this might be worth doing if Sweeney plugs a huge hole, but I'd see if I could get a slightly highe rreturn first.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers