Cycling in H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cycling in H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cycling in H2H

Postby Randy Watson » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:48 pm

I'm frickin' Lance Armstrong and try to get at least 2 starters out there every day. In 5X5 scoring with no max moves, I have a huge advantage towards Ws and Ks, and I have 5 RPs, so Saves are mine too.

Anyway, the cycling has been so bad that I sweated out 4 innings of Elarton's start today until I realized I was starting Chan Ho instead. Sometimes being wrong is a great feeling - At least until Chan Ho blows the 7 run lead. :-o

Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon?
"Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit!"
Randy Watson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:59 pm

Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Randy Watson » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:18 pm

Thanks for the profound insight from the ivory tower oh wise one. Now get back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset please.
"Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit!"
Randy Watson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:21 pm

Randy Watson wrote:Thanks for the profound insight from the ivory tower oh wise one. Now get back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset please.

Wait. You post and cheer about your unethical style of play, and I'm wrong for pointing out that your league is a joke? Now that makes a lot of sense. ;-7
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Randy Watson » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:37 pm

Madison wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:Thanks for the profound insight from the ivory tower oh wise one. Now get back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset please.

Wait. You post and cheer about your unethical style of play, and I'm wrong for pointing out that your league is a joke? Now that makes a lot of sense. ;-7

Unethical? Whaaaaat? The rules allow it. It was decided, over my and a few others objection, that churning would be allowed. So I'm having fun with it and I posted to see if there are others in the same boat. It is about fun, right? Was I crowing about the brilliance of picking up Chan Ho? No, I wasn't.

You call my league (which has $ at stake) a joke and tell me I can't call you on your condescending attitude? What makes your leagues so much greater than any others? Are you having that much more fun than everybody else? Have you been annointed Sir Madison of the fantasy baseball cognescenti?
Randy Watson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:40 pm

You must be a rookie who has no clue what you're doing. You must not have any drafting skills that you have to cycle SP's because you have no clue how to draft good SP's. That's ok. Hang around the cafe a while and you'll learn. One day you'll get a clue.

P.S. Before you go off on Madison, maybe check who you're talking to rookie. On his high horse? Maybe his league involves knowledge of the game of baseball, not loopholes in your fantasy league.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby AT » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:43 pm

I'm no rookie to Fantasy or this forum. I've been doing leagues since I had to record stats through Baseball Weekly USA Today every Tuesday afternoon in the early 90's because the internet leagues barely existed, if at all. Cycling a SP spot because you drafted heavy on offense and bullpen is a strategy I use all the time in H2H and I used it to win my league last year. It's not the best thing to do and it can work against you, but it's not a rookie move. It's also not a loophole. Anyone can do it and there are positives and negatives. It's a strategy that involves risk and reward. You wanna roll the dice and do it? Good luck. A bad start can hurt you just as much as a good one can help you.
Last edited by AT on Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:44 pm

Randy Watson wrote:
Madison wrote:

Unethical? Whaaaaat? The rules allow it. It was decided, over my and a few others objection, that churning would be allowed. So I'm having fun with it and I posted to see if there are others in the same boat. It is about fun, right? Was I crowing about the brilliance of picking up Chan Ho? No, I wasn't.

You call my league (which has $ at stake) a joke and tell me I can't call you on your condescending attitude? What makes your leagues so much greater than any others? Are you having that much more fun than everybody else? Have you been annointed Sir Madison of the fantasy baseball cognescenti?

Ok, look at it the way it happened:

#1---You make a post about a league that's a joke.

#2---I call it the joke it is.

#3---You get offended.

#4---I point out again, that you are the one who posted the joke league to begin with. Common sense says people are going to point it out, and since you brought it up, you should expect that.

#5---Now you seem to think I said something about you personally. Read my posts. They've all said the same thing. Your league is a joke (didn't say a word about you personally). There's no debate about the league being a joke, since churning is not playing fantasy baseball. The league is a joke. Plain and simple.

You want to have fun with kiddie games, go right ahead. Enjoy ;-D ! However, when people point out that your league is not playing fantasy baseball, you really shouldn't get offended. It's simply the truth. Read the thread I provided to get an idea of what I'm saying. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:45 pm

AT wrote:I'm no rookie to Fantasy or this forum. I've been doing leagues since I had to record stats through Baseball Weekly USA Today every Tuesday afternoon in the early 90's because the internet leagues barely existed, if at all. Cycling a SP spot because you drafted heavy on offense and bullpen is a strategy I use all the time in H2H and I used it to win my league last year. It's not the best thing to do and it can work against you, but it's not a rookie move. It's also not a loophole. Anyone can do it and there are positives and negatives. It's a strategy that involves risk and reward. You wanna roll the dice and do it? Good luck. A bad start can hurt you just as much as a good one.
It's a rookie move and pathetic because it's not about knowledge of the game, it's about who can get on their computer the earliest to pick up junk pitchers who are on the WW. It's a crap shoot and has nothing to do with knowledge of the game.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:47 pm

Madison wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:
Madison wrote:

Ok, look at it the way it happened:

#1---You make a post about a league that's a joke.

#2---I call it the joke it is.

#3---You get offended.

#4---I point out again, that you are the one who posted the joke league to begin with. Common sense says people are going to point it out, and since you brought it up, you should expect that.

#5---Now you seem to think I said something about you personally. Read my posts. They've all said the same thing. Your league is a joke (didn't say a word about you personally). There's no debate about the league being a joke, since churning is not playing fantasy baseball. The league is a joke. Plain and simple.

You want to have fun with kiddie games, go right ahead. Enjoy ;-D ! However, when people point out that your league is not playing fantasy baseball, you really shouldn't get offended. It's simply the truth. Read the thread I provided to get an idea of what I'm saying. ;-)
Well said. ;-D ;-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers