Prior's start bumped... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior's start bumped...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

why

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:49 am

It's not like clemens is out there to hit you or anything. The man is trying to do his job and in this era where so many homers are hit, instead of pitching outside, he pitches inside, like they did a while back. If you hate Clemens, you have to hate almost every single pitcher when baseball started. That's how he gets it done and if you hate him or think he's a headhunter, then I feel bad for you because you are missing out on one of the best baseball pitchers to play. He doesn't do anything fancy. He doesn't pick up his leg or twist and curve, none of that crap. He just pitches and that's how he contributes to baseball. So I hope you guys learned something.

Other than that, I kinda hate the bastard. Did you know, he was pitching to his wife, and when she hit one right back at him, the next pitch he threw hit her right in the hand!! That's sickening. lol
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:56 am

Are you kidding me? From every interview I've ever seen with Prior, he's one of the most level-headed, modest young men in the game. I'm not sure why you think he's so arrogant.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Super GM » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:55 am

I think what they mean is that he seems arrogant the way he reacts after a strike out and such things... One reason why I don't like Prior is because he practically ran over Marcus Giles....
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:09 am

This statement has no relation to Mark Prior:

In today's age, where nearly every star has an agent and probably even a PR person, don't you think that most players are somewhat "told" what to say?

Take LeBron James for example(I'm not faulting him at all). But in his interview after he was drafted he was asking what it would take for him to deem his first season a success. His answer was something like: 'I just want to go out and get better every day and most importantly I want to make my teammates better. If I can make my teammates better everyday, then I think that would be a successful season'.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I kinda doubt that that's how he really feels. This is most likely what he was TOLD to say by his advisors.

I've digressed, but the point is not to always take what players say in interviews as their true beliefs. Most of them are probably told what they should say, so I think its hard to see the true personality of many players. One exception would be Bonds, but thats another story.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:11 am

Super GM wrote:One reason why I don't like Prior is because he practically ran over Marcus Giles....

He didn't "practically run him over." He bulldozed through him ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Super GM » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:21 am

True! Marcus was flat as a pancake! ;-) :-D He pinch-hit last night. The Braves are still thinking about putting him on the DL.

This is what happened:

"I'd like to play Friday," said Giles, who has missed three straight starts since suffering the unfortunate injury that he blamed on Prior's inexperience on the basepaths.

Prior, who stands 6-foot-5, was running toward second base when he attempted to raise his left leg above the 5-foot-8 Giles, who was charging to field a ground ball. Prior's left leg struck the left side of Giles' head and sent both All-Star selectees to the ground.

Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:37 am

yeah, thats too bad- definately Prior's fault. hopefully giles doesn't have to go on the DL.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers