Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do you think about King Felix?

He's Dog Poo.
25%
He's in a slump and will get much better
75%

Total votes : 239

Postby Yoda » Wed May 31, 2006 5:16 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Aside from the 5th inning Felix was great today.

Unfortunately you can't take out that 5th inning from his stats when he is in your starting lineup!!!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Yoda wrote:

Unfortunately you can't take out that 5th inning from his stats when he is in your starting lineup!!!

True, but hopefully they can go back and see what happened that inning compared to the innings he was great in and make the proper adjustments. Also, he realy utilized his fastball more today which is good. I'd still like to see Rivera or Q catch him every start though.
Last edited by Havok1517 on Wed May 31, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Yoda » Wed May 31, 2006 5:18 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

True, but hopefully they can go backk and see what happened that inning compared to the innings he was great in and maje the proper adjustments. Also, he realy utilized his fastball more today which is good.

Well, whatever he can do to correct it but so far nothing is working and like all young pitchers, he lacks consistency...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:10 pm

Yeah except for those 5 runs he gave up he pitched a great game...please.

I find it amusing to see how long before the majority of people finally cut bait on this bozo. He was a mistake. Past time to admit it and move on. People keep running him out there for more damage to the ratios as if next time will be different. Like next time Lucy will not pull the football away as Charlie Brown goes to kick it...like Adrian Beltre will revert to his roid induced, contract year 40+ homer form any day now?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:17 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah except for those 5 runs he gave up he pitched a great game...please.

I find it amusing to see how long before the majority of people finally cut bait on this bozo. He was a mistake. Past time to admit it and move on. People keep running him out there for more damage to the ratios as if next time will be different. Like next time Lucy will not pull the football away as Charlie Brown goes to kick it...like Adrian Beltre will revert to his roid induced, contract year 40+ homer form any day now?

This could be the worst statement I've ever heard. Felix is 20 years old. He could not be as good as advertised until he's age 26 and still be a stud. Its hilarious and stupid that people want to give up on a player that is only 20 with his potential. He has better stuff than Liriano & Hamels put together and both are older than Felix. He's 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:22 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah except for those 5 runs he gave up he pitched a great game...please.

This could be the worst statement I've ever heard. Felix is 20 years old. He could not be as good as advertised until he's age 26 and still be a stud. Its hilarious and stupid that people want to give up on a player that is only 20 with his potential. He has better stuff than Liriano & Hamels put together and both are older than Felix. He's 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which matters not in fantasy. What he does this year and maybe the next 2 if you are in a keeper is all a fantasy owner should be concerned with. If you think he will not be good until he is 26, then you are saying he is indeed dog excriment and should be floating on the waiver wire of every league as no one looks out past 3 years in even in a keeper league.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:24 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Which matters not in fantasy. What he does this year and maybe the next 2 if you are in a keeper is all a fantasy owner should be concerned with. If you think he will not be good until he is 26, then you are saying he is indeed dog excriment and should be floating on the waiver wire of every league as no one looks out past 3 years in even in a keeper league.

No, I actually think he'll turn it around, a change in catchers would help. But I was just making the point that he's 20 and still has a long great career ahead of him barring injuries.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Yoda » Wed May 31, 2006 8:20 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

No, I actually think he'll turn it around, a change in catchers would help. But I was just making the point that he's 20 and still has a long great career ahead of him barring injuries.

I honestly doubt switching catchers would help at all... His problems are related to mechanical problems which may be difficult to fix in a short period of time.

As far as injuries are concerned, it's tough to predict but he is not in a safe zone due to his young age. Plus his less than ideal mechanics may result in some arm related injuries in the future.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:49 am

4 good/excellent starts in a row. I think this deserves a BUMP! Good stuff King Felix, good stuff. ;-D
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby TBallgame » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:57 am

Yes, The Return of the King, All Hail King Felix
"I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated." Al McGuire
TBallgame
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers