Lead AVE so far, Worry about this teams lack of pop yet? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Lead AVE so far, Worry about this teams lack of pop yet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lead AVE so far, Worry about this teams lack of pop yet?

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:24 am

I know it is way too early in the season to be worried about season statistics as a whole. This squad of mine is not benefiting from a hot-out-the gate HR hitter though.

I’m currently 11th tied for last in HR and tied for 3rd worst for RBI at 10th in a 12-team league. I know my team isn’t built for power but I felt fairly confident after the draft that I would have a top 3rd in the league offense (4th place at worst being a 12 team league) with my squad being ‘on paper’ very strong in AVE, R, and SB. I was hoping for borderline middle of the pack 6th best HR/RBI numbers after the draft.

I currently have the league’s best AVE at .326 with only two teams being substantially close, yet a good bit off of mine in AVE.

With this lineup should I be worried about my teams lack of contribution in the power numbers so far?

C - Ramon Hernandez, Orioles
1B - Nick Johnson, Nationals
2B - Jose Vidro, Nationals
3B- Aramis Ramirez, Cubs
SS - Miguel Tejada, Orioles
OF - Carl Crawford, Devil Rays
OF - Juane Pierre, Cubs
OF - Aaron Rowand, Phillies
U - Jim Edmonds Cardinals
DH - Garret Atkins 3B Rockies

Reserves

2B - Jose Castillo, Pirates
1B - Mike Sweeney, Royals
OF - Kevin Mench, Rangers
OF – Milton Bradley, Athletics

I planned on having a strong pitching staff, and I’m already 2nd highest scoring in pitching with a decent amount of depth there.

Should I be contemplating making a pitching trade to add some HR/RBI pop to my squad or should I hold tight a few more weeks and hope Tejada, A-Ram, Edmonds, Mench, and maybe Sweeney all start to contribute more towards their expected help with pop.

Just looking for constructive critique or advice. Post a link on your reply and I will help in return ASAP.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:15 am

ARam's gonna start producing any day now, but if your pitching is deep I'd look into coupling a solid starter with maybe Juan Pierre (you can stand to lose some speed) for an OFer with some power.

Edmonds WILL get his as well, especially in that lineup. Unfortunately, you can't count on him to play 162. I'm not sure about the others, so I won't act like I am. :-[

I hope that helps. My team's in the sig, if you get a chance!
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:13 pm

I think ARam will be fine too, and give you some power. Id maybe package one of your SP and someone like Juan Pierre for a power OF. Other than that, I think your team will be fine.

Thanks for your help with mine
FantasyMan13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby garretterik » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:50 am

I think you are fine for power. You have two speedsters in the OF. But you have the best power hitter at SS. I would stay put for now and give it some time. However, if at some point you still feel the need for pop trade Pierre.
Help me: http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... 65#1530865
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Los_Dodgers » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:01 am

do not trade pierre. if you trade pierre your only sb guy would be crawford, and you will not win.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team