This Years Turnbow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This Years Turnbow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thehat » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:47 pm

You can't put Papelbon or Chris Ray is the Turnbow '05 category. Ray was drafted in almost every league as he had the job prior to the exhibition season even starting. Papelbon was also widely drafted as there was significant question about Foulke, plus Papelbon had already opened a lot of eyes last season.

Turnbow was spotted in spring training '05 by only a few who were reading between the lines as far as the way he was being used and the evident distrust Yost/Maddux had for Mike Adams. But Adams opened the season as the closer, and there were only a few of us (pardon me while I pat myself on the back) who insisted here at the Cafe that everyone should go grab Turnbow was going to steal the job as soon as Adams blew it.

This year's candidates? I think Rodney and Baez were clearly in the "might very well end up with the job" category going into ST because of the uncertainty of those they were backing up, so I guess they can't count.

Of those who don't have the job now, I would put Rafael Soriano and Todd Coffey at the top of the list. Coffey seems to have the makeup for the job and the Reds ought to give him the shot, as Weathers/Mercker are proven more effective setting up. As for Soriano, I'm listing him because I think Guardado is getting close to being toast. I don't think his flipper is all that sound and see this job opening up...and I just don't see Putz (the current apparent #2) being good enough to keep it.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:05 pm

Matthias wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Papelbon seems to be the real early look, but with so many opinions/rumors floating about the club's plans and intentions, it's hard to get a good read on how long he'll hang onto the role, whether or not he continues studding.

In my opinion, this year's 'Turnbow' is Rafael Soriano of Seattle. I see him being filthy in the closer's role, and recommend snatching him up now if he's available in any league format.

;-D

If bH says it, then I'm a believer.

You learn quick. ;-)

Heheheh. Just one man's opinion. I was actually turned on to Soriano this off-seasy by RaidersUmpire, but I'm completely sold on him at this point. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers