This Years Turnbow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This Years Turnbow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby decoy562 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:31 am

well, I was going to say Papelbon or Ray, but since you changed your original statement... :-°
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby option245 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:38 am

Oscar Villarreal, we all know Reitsma can't keep it up.
option245
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:08 am

asumikey222 wrote:2) b/c he was never that highly-touted
I think Turnbow was one of the Angels top prospects a couple of years ago. His talent has never been the question. Like every guy with a good stuff, it's always been about his ability to harness his arsenal which has been in question.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:09 am

bigh0rt wrote:Papelbon seems to be the real early look, but with so many opinions/rumors floating about the club's plans and intentions, it's hard to get a good read on how long he'll hang onto the role, whether or not he continues studding.

In my opinion, this year's 'Turnbow' is Rafael Soriano of Seattle. I see him being filthy in the closer's role, and recommend snatching him up now if he's available in any league format.

;-D

If bH says it, then I'm a believer.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:10 am

Looks like Chris Ray to me. Papelbon is looking more like this year's Mariano Rivera lol. I did however expect Jose Valverde to get into this conversation for Turnbow/Cordero of this year. So far no dice... Doh!
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:11 am

bigh0rt wrote:Papelbon seems to be the real early look, but with so many opinions/rumors floating about the club's plans and intentions, it's hard to get a good read on how long he'll hang onto the role, whether or not he continues studding.

In my opinion, this year's 'Turnbow' is Rafael Soriano of Seattle. I see him being filthy in the closer's role, and recommend snatching him up now if he's available in any league format.

;-D

I agree about this to some extent that Soriano will be filthy as a closer, but when the hell is this going to happen? Guardado has just kept on ticking for like 3 years now...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby asumikey222 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:12 am

bronxxbomber wrote:
I think Turnbow was one of the Angels top prospects a couple of years ago. His talent has never been the question. Like every guy with a good stuff, it's always been about his ability to harness his arsenal which has been in question.

Maybe I should have made it clear that I am talking about mass media (or fantasy media, if you like) attention here. Of course he's always had good stuff. Among scouts, he was considered the heir to K-Rod when Percival was still the closer, but he was buried in Milwaukee and got very little attention until he actually started saving games.
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rainman23 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:08 pm

asumikey222 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:

Maybe I should have made it clear that I am talking about mass media (or fantasy media, if you like) attention here. Of course he's always had good stuff. Among scouts, he was considered the heir to K-Rod when Percival was still the closer, but he was buried in Milwaukee and got very little attention until he actually started saving games.

Asumikey, I think you should know that someone is sneaking on here and pretending to be you sometimes. He bears no resemblance to the guy in this thread...except for the classy icon, I guess.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jvmillion83 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:16 pm

If it is a guy who was really never hyped, I'm going with Ken Ray out of Atlanta. This guy has been good so far.
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Postby waterproof » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:26 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:chris ray come on down!

;-D ;-D ;-D
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers