Alex Rios - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Rios

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:09 pm

That shot Rios hit off of Randy tonight made me a believer. Maybe there's something to this new stance and approach at the plate... I'll probably scoop him up in a league or 2 if I have a hole.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:32 pm

hes unbelievable.. picked him up about a week ago
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 411)

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:07 pm

drafted him last year fairly cheaply and was happy with him though he wasnt all world by any means. I ended up trading him in a multiplayer deal which turned out well. I was hoping like hell he wouldnt get reserved and was thrilled when he wasnt. I overpayed a few dollars in the auction for him again, but i am still really high on him. So far so good !

;-D

ink
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jbyrdo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:10 pm

hmm kearns or rios... austin or alex...
Jbyrdo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:34 am

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:drafted him last year fairly cheaply and was happy with him though he wasnt all world by any means. I ended up trading him in a multiplayer deal which turned out well. I was hoping like hell he wouldnt get reserved and was thrilled when he wasnt. I overpayed a few dollars in the auction for him again, but i am still really high on him. So far so good !
ink

Alex Rios was absolutely horrible last year...he had 10 HR, a .262 average, and a OPS of .703.

I'm actually not sure where his sudden burst of offense has come from, but I sure hope it stays. One thing is for sure, his swing really does look a lot shorter and more compact this year. He also seems to be hitting the breaking balls a lot better.

Rios is one of the main reasons why the offense has been so good this year, however as far as I know, Hinske is still platooning with him (Eric isn't doing a bad job either with an average over .360).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby dewey finn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:50 am

Well for what it's worth, JP was on the fan 590 today and said how he's liking the platoon situation......although I really think Alexis should start everyday in right.

Alexis = Vladimir Guerrero second coming (RIP John Cerutti)
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RynMan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:56 am

I think that this is the very definition of a hot streak.

He has shown very little ability to hit with power during the minors (once in AA in a limited sample) and during his time in the bigs, aswell as very little plate discipline his whole career thus far.

Sell high I say.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby benjapage » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:31 am

RynMan wrote:Sell high I say.

ah, the voice of reason. hate to hear it (i picked him up last week), but it's probably true. thing is, in my league--and in many others, i'm sure--guys are hesitant to trade for players recently picked up from the WW.

i mean, if you can do it, more power to you. i'll just sit tight, knowing that nobody will give me decent return on him.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RugbyD » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:43 am

from what i recall, Rios was never touted as a major offensive threat. He was expected to put up solid numbers, but more like almost-Beltran w/o the SBs. Not bad, but nothing to get excited about.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby benjapage » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:03 am

RugbyD wrote:from what i recall, Rios was never touted as a major offensive threat. He was expected to put up solid numbers, but more like almost-Beltran w/o the SBs. Not bad, but nothing to get excited about.

seems to me he's always accrued more sb than hr. if he does actually make the leap for that career year, i think we'd be looking at 15+ hr and 20+ sb at a .280 clip.

like ryn said, however, he could just as easily (and more probably) regress. here's to hoping he rocks it like iggy pop.

raw power,
b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers