Dodgers need a quality HR hitter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers

Dodgers need a quality HR hitter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Los_Dodgers » Sun May 21, 2006 7:39 pm

I agree...I think that especially w/ Ethier turning into a complete stud, we can definetly afford to give up Cruz, Werth, or Lofton. If we package Odalis (even though he's almost worthless because of his huge contract) with an outfielder and maybe Dioner Navarro who is basically worthless w/ Martin turning into a stud, we should be able to get something good in return.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon May 22, 2006 12:04 am

Matt Kemp is that guy....he's (as Vin Scully said today) "Knocking AA sideways!"
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dodgersrsav » Mon May 22, 2006 1:17 am

we dont need a HR hitter right now we have scored the most or 2nd monst runs in the national league. we are fine if we were going to trade for any1 i would want a pitcher
Dodgersrsav
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RaNe » Sat May 27, 2006 2:49 pm

During the Dodgers - Nationals game, a commentator said that the Dodgers are looking for a proven OFer. He said that the Dodgers have talked to the Devil Rays about Carl Crawford, the Twins about Hunter and Stewart, and Florida about Miguel Cabrera.

Very interesting.
RaNe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby suppasonic » Sun May 28, 2006 10:55 pm

We dont need a hitter. We should be talking to the D-Rays not about Crawford, but about Kazmir, to the twins not about hunter and stewart, but about johan, and to the marlins not about miguel, but about d-train.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby RaNe » Mon May 29, 2006 1:32 pm

Those are all pitchers I'd love the Dodgers to trade for, but we've got to do something about our OF. I think Crawford would make a perfect fit because of our running offense. Lofton's getting old, and if we sign Crawford to a long-time contract, we've got ourselves the perfect replacement.
RaNe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Los_Dodgers » Mon May 29, 2006 3:35 pm

I've never been a fan of Dontrelle. Way too inconsistent. He was so up and down last year it was ridiculous. If we could manage to get Crawford or Miguel of course I would weep in hapiness, as I don't believe the Dodgers can keep up their current offensive pace without a big guy in the middle. A pitcher does seem to be a pressing need though, Seo is by no means a starter and Sele should be falling apart sometime soon. I'm not even too high on Tomko, but he will do. I think that getting someone like Kazmir or Johan would be absolutely incredible, but I think those guys are completely untouchable. I just want something done before the deadline to give me hope, not only for the future, but for this year as well.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:08 am

Los_Dodgers wrote:I've never been a fan of Dontrelle. Way too inconsistent. He was so up and down last year it was ridiculous. If we could manage to get Crawford or Miguel of course I would weep in hapiness, as I don't believe the Dodgers can keep up their current offensive pace without a big guy in the middle. A pitcher does seem to be a pressing need though, Seo is by no means a starter and Sele should be falling apart sometime soon. I'm not even too high on Tomko, but he will do. I think that getting someone like Kazmir or Johan would be absolutely incredible, but I think those guys are completely untouchable. I just want something done before the deadline to give me hope, not only for the future, but for this year as well.

Meh ... I'd still like a proven big bat in our OF.

Nomar is the current leader with 10. That's just not acceptable. And I truly believe the team in the NL West that makes the big trade will be the one that finishes atop. Hopefully, that will be LA. ;-D

The lightside shall prevail...

Oh, and go Dodgers!
no1cowboysfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby suppasonic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:23 am

Arent you happy enough that we are one of the top Run Scoring teams in the MLB? We were first for some time in the NL and were second in the majors for a long stretch. Cool your jets people. Our focus should not be on a HR hitter but rather a starter.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:56 am

suppasonic wrote:Arent you happy enough that we are one of the top Run Scoring teams in the MLB? We were first for some time in the NL and were second in the majors for a long stretch. Cool your jets people. Our focus should not be on a HR hitter but rather a starter.

... you can't deny that a HR hitter would help. And you also fail to mention LA has one of the best (3rd) team ERAs in the NL, sitting at 4.28.

Another thing ... of the 5 best team ERAs in the NL, four of them are in the WEST!

Meaning ... we can't win this division with pitching. We need power.

Personally, I'd LOVE Soriano ... even if we have to give the whole damn farm for him. Speed and power ... plus he could take over at 2nd (like he wants) when Kent retires. Or we can move Kent to 1st and Nomar to 3rd, and trade Cesar.

Considering the Dodgers have one of the better farm systems ... I think we could make a serious run at Alfonz. I hope Coletti is thinking along the same idea ...

The lightside shall prevail...

Oh, and go Dodgers!
no1cowboysfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers