Coco Crisp... any update on his return? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Coco Crisp... any update on his return?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Giants7830 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:16 am

For everyone who has Coco on your team expect this injury to highly affect his numbers BE CAUCIOUS!!!
Giants7830
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dipset » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:25 am

Giants7830 wrote:For everyone who has Coco on your team expect this injury to highly affect his numbers BE CAUCIOUS!!!

How much will this injury affect his numbers? A lot, A little, Or not att all?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dipset » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:25 am

Giants7830 wrote:For everyone who has Coco on your team expect this injury to highly affect his numbers BE CAUCIOUS!!!

Affect his numbers a lot a little or not at all?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Giants7830 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:28 am

Im thinking a fair amount,expect him not to hit as many HR as normal and he may have a little trouble sliding when he comes back
Giants7830
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:23 am

Giants7830 wrote:Im thinking a fair amount,expect him not to hit as many HR as normal and he may have a little trouble sliding when he comes back

I certainly hope noone drafted Coco for his HR capabilities... I'd like to see him take an extra week or so to let that hand fully heel. But I think he'll be back to his old self fairly quickly.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:53 am

Chicago RedSox wrote:
Giants7830 wrote:Im thinking a fair amount,expect him not to hit as many HR as normal and he may have a little trouble sliding when he comes back

I certainly hope noone drafted Coco for his HR capabilities... I'd like to see him take an extra week or so to let that hand fully heel. But I think he'll be back to his old self fairly quickly.

His hr's are definitely a part of why most people would draft him. Getting 15/15 or 20/20 guys that put up good r/ave is MUCH better than getting a guy like Kenny Lofton that will put up the sb's/r/ave but absolutely no power. Crisp's hr's (and the fact that he hits lead-off for Boston) is the difference between being a valuable commodity and being on the FA list in some leagues (as Kenny Lofton happens to be).

Other than less playing time for Lofton over the last 3 years there's not a lot of difference between their roto stats (Crisp: .289/.332/.425 with 11/73/55/16 versus Lofton's .303/.361/.424 with 4/53/25/14 in MUCH less playing time...297 versus 499 ab's). As you can see there you're giving up quite a bit in the r/rbi department but that's simply the fact that Lofton had been platooning and is now an everyday player. Sb's were about the same and again in MUCH less playing time. Lofton even hit for a higher average and obp.

The difference is that Lofton is a pure speed guy and Crisp has some power upside. Without the power upside there Crisp becomes a poor man's Kenny Lofton whose value is then solely tied to the fact that he's (a) younger and healthier than Lofton and (b) batting leadoff for an offensive juggernaut.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby dipset » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:58 pm

Any updates yet on when he'll be back?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby orakana » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:18 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:

Exactly, who drafts crisp for homers, I know i got him for batting average and the hits. That won't drop off a whole lot because of the injury.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
orakana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:26 am

orakana wrote:
Chicago RedSox wrote:

Exactly, who drafts crisp for homers, I know i got him for batting average and the hits. That won't drop off a whole lot because of the injury.

umm...probably everybody who drafted him counting on his 15-20 HR and 20+ SB potential...otherwise you just wait and draft Willy Tavares. if he wasnt projected to hit 20 HR he probably doesnt even get drafted in a lot of leagues
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby orakana » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
orakana wrote:
Chicago RedSox wrote:

umm...probably everybody who drafted him counting on his 15-20 HR and 20+ SB potential...otherwise you just wait and draft Willy Tavares. if he wasnt projected to hit 20 HR he probably doesnt even get drafted in a lot of leagues

I don't know about that, I've watched him for years now and I don't know about this number potential. It's amazing how he just gets better because he's on the red sox. Anybody that thought he'd be Babe Ruth Crisp needs a reality check. He's an average guy with good on base and the occasional steal, the homer thing, I don't know about that with the monster and other than the right field line a decently large outfield in fenway, that's a long way for coco to hit one.

He'll still be solid when he comes back but this 20 homer stuff is just a little bit to much to ask for me. There's plenty of other guys out there on his same level that you an plug in for him.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
orakana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates