Coco Crisp... any update on his return? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Coco Crisp... any update on his return?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Coco Crisp... any update on his return?

Postby Wright stuff » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:43 pm

Is there any update on Coco Crisp... Will he be back for the start of May...

Any update would be great. Thank you!
Wright stuff
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby olsonea » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:51 pm

I heard 4-6 weeks, but Coco had a similar injury a year or two ago and was back in three. It's his left (non-throwing) hand. They're saying it's all a matter of Coco being able to grip a bat comfortably.
olsonea
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Hozchelaga » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:37 am

Note of caution -- broken fingers are notorious for dropping power numbers in guys returning from the DL. I'm sure owners will gladly have him back, but I wouldn't count on him for those 15-20 projected jacks.
Hozchelaga
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby benjapage » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:17 am

olsonea wrote:It's his left (non-throwing) hand. They're saying it's all a matter of Coco being able to grip a bat comfortably.

yeah, that's the hand he uses to wave at pitchers while he's waiting on the pitch. strange habit.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Coppermine » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:37 am

At first I thought they said he'd be out 10 games, and then bumped him to the DL just to be safe; I think he'll be ok and he's should return at the end of the month or early May. I still like his run-scoring ability hitting in front of that Sox lineup. I picked him up in my of my leagues where the owner gave up on him already. I'll have him in my lineup when he gets back.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby asumikey222 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:42 am

Yes.

Coco Crisp - OF - Boston Red Sox Wednesday Apr. 19, 2006
Terry Francona said Tuesday that he hopes to have Coco Crisp (finger) back when the Red Sox return from their three-city road trip that begins Friday.
''Everybody wants to be out there playing," Crisp said. "I want to get out there as soon as possible and have some fun." Source: Boston Globe Apr. 19 - 9:25 am et

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... re/?page=2
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PacmanJr » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:03 pm

MLB.com reports Coco Crisp is scheduled to have his splint removed on Thursday so that the medical staff can re-evaluate the fracture at the base of his left index finger. "We'll go by what the new X-rays say," said Crisp. "If the crack has gotten smaller or if it's healed, we'll take it from there. I don't know what it's going to say yet. We're just waiting on that one."

Crisp will remain in Boston when the Red Sox begin their nine-game road trip on Friday. He will have daily workouts at Fenway Park along with fellow OF Gabe Kapler (Achilles'). Adam Stern, Wily Mo Pena and Dustin Mohr will continue to share time in center field in Crisp's absence.

I'm waiting for him to get healthy as well...I've netted 8 points, from his position, in his absence. :-t Jose Guillen sucked as a replacement...Craig Wilson is looking a little better..
PacmanJr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:39 pm

PacmanJr wrote:
MLB.com reports Coco Crisp is scheduled to have his splint removed on Thursday so that the medical staff can re-evaluate the fracture at the base of his left index finger. "We'll go by what the new X-rays say," said Crisp. "If the crack has gotten smaller or if it's healed, we'll take it from there. I don't know what it's going to say yet. We're just waiting on that one."

Crisp will remain in Boston when the Red Sox begin their nine-game road trip on Friday. He will have daily workouts at Fenway Park along with fellow OF Gabe Kapler (Achilles'). Adam Stern, Wily Mo Pena and Dustin Mohr will continue to share time in center field in Crisp's absence.

I'm waiting for him to get healthy as well...I've netted 8 points, from his position, in his absence. :-t Jose Guillen sucked as a replacement...Craig Wilson is looking a little better..

sounds like we wont know more until tomorrow
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Rohan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:35 pm

Return MAY 1ST!!!!!!!!
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dissent » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Rohan wrote:Return MAY 1ST!!!!!!!!

Sweet! I may still wait a week or so to start him. My last round pick Granderson is filling in quite nicely.
dissent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates