A. Soriano..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

A. Soriano.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A. Soriano.....

Postby Deeznutz » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:06 am

I'd like to get some feedback from those that have had A. Soriano on their team. Was he frustrating to have or what? I see he doesn't have the great batting avg. doesn't take many walks and Ks a lot. I'm guessing he goes on quite a few slumps. Please give me insight, i'm in a H2H league. Thanks!
Deeznutz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:16 am

He's pretty streaky and very frustrating.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby Deeznutz » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:59 am

Thanks, that's really good to know. Anyone else out there have an opinion on this. Please let me know, i would appreciate it greatly!
Deeznutz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby colemwi » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:46 pm

Very streaky. At times he will be the most dominating player on your team and then for a long stretch he will be an embarassment. I owned him last year and always feel like hes a guy I wanted to trade because he has no discipline and it'll catch up to him at some point but when the season ends he somehow ends up with amazing numbers. I guess you can say he is the poster boy for a good "fantasy" player and a bad "baseball" player.
colemwi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby colemwi » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:47 pm

Very streaky. At times he will be the most dominating player on your team and then for a long stretch he will be an embarassment. I owned him last year and always feel like hes a guy I wanted to trade because he has no discipline and it'll catch up to him at some point but when the season ends he somehow ends up with amazing numbers. I guess you can say he is the poster boy for a good "fantasy" player and a bad "baseball" player.
colemwi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mits » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:48 pm

I have him right now and enjoy what can offer in terms of a 2nd base player. He also qualifies at outfield right now too which is good in terms of flexiblity. His role on offense is in limbo right now...is he going to lead off and score runs and steal bases or is he going to hit fifth and drive in runs? We just don't know.
mits Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:57 pm

i agree with cole...ive had him the past 2 seasons (not this season though) and he can single-handedly win you some weeks with 4 hr and 4 sb or something, then go 1-20 with 10 k's in others...but the numbers always seem to be there in the end.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby seniorpaul » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:04 am

I think in a H2H league, he would drive me crazy. In roto, his numbers average out, but in H2H is "bad" streaks would piss me off.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ingov » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:33 am

I'm looking at Soriano's 3 yr. splits and his stats look almost amazingly consistent month to month. his pre- and post-allstar OPS's are .831/.832.
ingov
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rib217 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:45 pm

Soriano seems overrated to me, especially now that he is in the outfield, he's streaky and he's not putting up a good .AVG anymore, i think you might be better off trading him, someone is bound to want him and give you something more consistent and in the end better for you.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates