Armando Benitez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Armando Benitez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The G-Man » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:44 pm

AKhomebrewer wrote:Public service for those with Worrell (and Rodney, for that matter):

It's an easy call because I'm in a holds league, but I'm gonna hang with both Worrell and Rodney for now. And I'd probably keep both of them in a non-holds league until Benitez and/or TJones resume full-time closing AND prove effective in the role.

Until last night's little burp by Worrell, both of them had been money for my club. The last thing you want to see is a quick FA dump turn into an opponent's long-term closing solution.

Good point.
The G-Man
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Howie » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:13 pm

Giants7830 wrote:He has been activated and will have a setup role until Mid May most likely

Oh so very wrong! Benitez got the save tonight. ;-D
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby West Coast Fan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:41 am

yeah, all the talk by Alou was that they were going to let Worrell keep closing until Armando showed he had his stuff. Then tonight it's Armando up in the 8th and getting the save. Of course, Worrell has been blowing up the past few times on the mound. So maybe it was a bit of Todd looking bad and Armando being available.
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:47 am

West Coast Fan wrote:yeah, all the talk by Alou was that they were going to let Worrell keep closing until Armando showed he had his stuff. Then tonight it's Armando up in the 8th and getting the save. Of course, Worrell has been blowing up the past few times on the mound. So maybe it was a bit of Todd looking bad and Armando being available.

Tim.

Definitely good to see that Benitez is back and closing games...I only had Rivera during the time he was gone.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates