Help a newbie out and check out my team!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help a newbie out and check out my team!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help a newbie out and check out my team!!!

Postby ragged25 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:42 pm

This is my first post and was hoping to get some insight into what I can do to improve my team. I'm in Yahoo Roto 5X5 league with 4 other friends who are also fairly new to baseball pools, we usually do hockey. The scoring is (R, RBI, HR, AVG, S & W, WHIP, ERA, K and Sv)

My team is:

C - J. Mauer
1B - Pujols
2B - Soriano
3B - Wright
SS - Reyes
OF - M. Ramirez
OF - Bay
OF - Sheffield
Util - Sexson

BN - Ensberg(3B)
BN - Giles(2B)
BN - Damon(OF)
BN - Sizemore(OF)
BN - Rollins(SS)

SP - Carpenter
SP - Willis
SP - Buehrle
RP - Chad Cordero
RP - Reitsma
P - F. Hernandez
P - Lackey
P - Sheets(DL)

I'm currently in 4th right now out of 5 due to lack of saves, strikeouts, HRs, and RBI as Manny is struggling.

I got Bay and Soriano through a trade for Kent and C. Lee and I picked up Lackey last week due to Sheets being on the DL. Now that Sheets' back, I need to drop someone, which brings to my second part of my post, who should I drop now? I'm thinking of dropping Damon or Giles, but since I'm a rookie at it, I might be totally off. Any help would be appreciated.
ragged25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

You need a closer

Postby fantasy baller » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:49 pm

Try trading a bench guy that you don't need for some decent closer. Or look on the waver wire for Worrell. At this point, you could even use Miceli if hes still out there. Of course, Papelbon will probably be gone, but you better drop someone for him if hes still out there. That guy is good as gold. Other than that your team looks solid, but you might switch some power for some steals. Doesn't look like you need to tho. Your call.
fantasy baller
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team