Eddie Guardado, how long do you give him? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Eddie Guardado, how long do you give him?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Eddie Guardado, how long do you give him?

Postby TK1234 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:27 pm

I considered putting Eddie on the bench for todays game against the Red Sox, seeing how it looked like he was getting back on track with 2 saves in his last 2 appearances.

I shouldn't have.

Today in Boston, he strikes out the first 2 batters in the 9th then gives up a 2 run walk off homer and gets pinned with the loss. His ERA is skyrocketing right now and hasn't mustered more than 2 saves this year.

Do you think this warrants a permenant bench spot until he gets his act together?

I'd like to hear from you guys, especially those of you who have the delight of having him on your team.
TK1234
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TonyCee » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:40 pm

I own him in a Roto league and I will keep him unless he gets hurt, if he's healthy then you can trust he will turn this around and be fine. He's no Rocky Biddle, lol. !+)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Redlegs » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:40 pm

well i have him on my team and i'm not panicking yet. another owner in my league had already picked up putz, but that was about a week to 10 days ago when he had a save.

a lot of people seem to agree that soriano would be the replacement for guardado, however i see guardado as the veteran who won't lose his job over his performance to date, but would have to continue to perform poorly.

bottom line- i'm keeping my eye on it, but am not taking measures such as picking up alternative closer candidates for seattle.
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TK1234 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:45 pm

I'm gona keep him on the bench for 1-2 more appearances, see if theres any improvement in his game
TK1234
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:20 pm

:-?
So he got punk'd in Boston ... it happens. His main problem has been a lack of save chances. Look back at those two Putz saves, and you'll see J.J. entered in the 8th inning, held the lead, then the Mariners tacked on more runs to remove a 9th-inning save opp for Guardado.

Certainly that shoulder is a health risk, but there's nothing wrong with him right now.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby echrisl » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:58 pm

I was down on him after glancing at the box score, but after actually watching a recap of the 9th, I'm much less upset. He had two batters K'd, and would have had great ninth inning and the save if that one throw to first had been a half second quicker, or if the baserunner had been a half second slower. Then he just got beat on one pitch. Not a huge deal. It happens.
Using a key to gouge expletives on another's vehicle is a sign of trust and friendship.
echrisl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates