100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best Sequel That Never Was

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:18 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Pacman wrote:Police Academy 7...

... because there were so many unanswered questions from Police Academy 6.

Scary thing is, there is a Police Academy 7.

:-o

i thought this was number 6...i could be wrong though...i know there are 7 though, so i'm just not sure what part six is. i'm tempted to buy the box set. Part 4 is probably the best

I'm ashamed to do this but being someone that grew up on HBO as a kid I'm obliged to break it down. Note: I'm not bothering to look at IMDB on this. I wanna see how well I do.

Police Academy 1 - Obviously this is the best one of the bunch. Steve Guttenberg and Michael Winslow partake in shenanigans, hilarity ensues. Bubba Smith is all big and does "strong guy" stuff. Capt. Harris is the bad guy. One quick "Wait, they were in that?" note, Kim Cattral is in this one playing the girl Mahoney is trying to hook up with.

Police Academy 2 - The newly graduated recruits take to the streets under the guidance of the dude that played Johnny Fever on WKRP. Bobcat Goldwaith is the leader of a street gang that runs amok, notably harrassing a local shopkeeper named Sweetchuck. Capt. Harris is nowhere to be found in this one, as Capt. Mauser plays the bad guy that plans to ruin the fun.

Police Academy 3 - The third movie revolves around there being two police academies, one ran by Capt. Lassard and another ran by Capt. Mauser. The police force decides that only one can keep running so they decide to have a committee check them out and make a decision, basically just a terrible plotline. Bobcat Goldwaith and Sweetchuck both decide to join the force and end up rooming together at the academy, hilarity ensues.

Police Acadmey 4: Citizens on Patrol - The fourth installment was the final Police Academy movie for Steve Guttenburg as he moved on to bigger and better things like.....um...that one movie, with that guy... and...(groan). This one involved the police starting a new program where average citizens could become cops, because lets face it, regular cops just aren't funny. You know what is funny? Really big fat guys, crotchety old ladies, and skater punks all being cops is funny. I may be wrong but I think David Spade and Sharon Stone are in this one. Also there's a skateboarding scene with Tony Hawk and some other pro skateboarders. Also this was Capt. Harris' first movie back since the original.

Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach - What more can they do at this point you say? How about sending the hilarious cast down to Miami Beach for a police convention! This movie marked the point where the filmmakers had literally squeezed every last ounce of funniness out of this movie franchise. From here on out, any laughter you have is merely the uncomfortable kind as you try to find something else on tv. Nothing worth noting in this movie.

Police Academy 6: City Under Siege - At this point no self-respecting actor would be caught dead in this movie. Michael Winslow gets to some sound-effects at a comedy club during a blackout which is probably the only time a crowd would enjoy his act, when the city is shut down and they have no choice but to sit and wait for the power to come back on so they can find the exit. This movie's main storyline involved a rash of heists and robberies that were plaguing the city. It ends up being the Police Chief, or commissioner or mayor that's behind it all. I know I didn't put up a Spoiler alert, but if you were seriously gonna see this I just saved you the rental and the indigestion that ensues from watching it.

Police Academy: Mission to Moscow - Someone sold their soul to Satan to make this turd. I've never seen this one. The memory of actually sitting through no. 6 is horrible enough for me to not ever watch this installment. I do like how they stopped putting the numbers in the title. Like someone would not remember how many there were.

That's about all I can rehash right now. :-°
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:27 pm

Hmmm this is a good topic.

I'm gonna say I wish there was a:

Airplane 3
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dannyolbb » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:22 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing "The Usual Suspects 2." It could be about trying to track down Soze.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:53 pm

Freddy versus Jason 2! ;-D

Saw III (even though that one's in the works)! ;-D

I'm sure I can come up with more, but those are the first two that came to mind.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RugbyD » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:33 pm

History of the World Part II

Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby thedude » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:15 pm

RugbyD wrote:History of the World Part II

;-D I love Mel Brooks and his fake sequels.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby ironman » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:37 pm

Madison wrote:Freddy versus Jason 2! ;-D

Isn't there talk of doing one with Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers? Or did I just imagine that?
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:01 pm

RugbyD wrote:History of the World Part II

Da soych for more money with the accent. :-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:23 am

ironman wrote:
Madison wrote:Freddy versus Jason 2! ;-D

Isn't there talk of doing one with Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers? Or did I just imagine that?

I haven't heard of it, but it's possible. I've been way too busy to keep up with future movies lately. :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bradg533 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:36 am

perlick29 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I'd probably have to go with The Boondock Saints. The sequel was rumored to be in production than to find out it was a bunk rumor was dissapointing.

Very nice. ;-D I heard that rumor myself. That's one of my favorite films for sure and I'd love to see them do a sequel, but I haven't heard anything in a while. :,-(

It was supposed to be called all saints day. I was very much looking forward to it myself. :~(

yeah when i heard about the sequel i was excited but i guess it turns out they just made the rumor to hype the movie even more
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk