Best Pay Fantasy Baseball Site? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Pay Fantasy Baseball Site?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Pay Fantasy Baseball Site?

Postby lewis1112 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:26 pm

What is the best pay fantasy baseball site with good articles, recommendations, etc... Thanks!
lewis1112
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:47 am

Paying to read articles? Just stick with the Cafe' and save your money. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:48 am

I subscribe to Baseball Prospectus, but mainly for the "Under the Knife" feature and their PECOTA projections. Most of the other stuff is crap.

I know a guy in my main league who uses HQ, and he swears by them, but, again, I think it is the projections, not the articles (and while he does OK, he isn't competitive every year). At $99/year, no thanks, especially since the base concepts are explained for $20 in their yearly book - and you can then determine who they like from that and then applying their concepts to your league.

A couple others in the league use Baseball Notebook, but for projections only since I think all of their articles are free.

Now, I am an ESPN Insider for the Rumors and articles not related to fantasy baseball. In fact, I don't even bother with Tristan Cockcroft. He was a joke at CBS and he is now an "expert" at ESPN. Whatever. I honestly would love to know who he has photos of because I (as well as others on this site) could do a better job of fantasy analysis than he does. Anyway, while Karabell is decent, I think his blog his free anyway. At least he sems to understand the nuances of fantasy and that there are different types of fantasy leagues.

Otherwise, that's my $0.02. In summary, from my experience. Madison is right - unless you are looking for fantasy projections, I don't think there's any pay site I would pay for just to get the articles. Most of these sites were not pay-only from the beginning and unless things have changed, they all seemed to recycle the same stuff. They'll all tell you things like "Hermida is a top rookie" and they all seem to have the same list of "sleepers" - which means none of them are in my league. So, save your money would be my recommendation.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Return to Baseball Leftovers