New Nick for Beltre and a MSG TO THE Haters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Nick for Beltre and a MSG TO THE Haters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Nick for Beltre and a MSG TO THE Haters

Postby asumikey222 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:49 pm

there has been A LOT of misinformation and pathetic jealous dissing of one of my favorite players on here.

here are the simple facts for those not prejudged to bias him just b/c he is a great hitter (one of the best ever) and makes a lot of $:

-he is a great guy, no question. he played here and my little cousin got his autograph no problems.

-Apparently his problems this season (DON'T CALL IT A SLUMP THAT'S STUPID) are related to some tax difficulties (probably a small unintentional error). to do some reasearch i called H&R block today and they said as long as he sends everything in monday he should be fine [EDIT: i did not ask about beltre's taxes themselves, i don't know where he does them, just about how taxes work in general giving beltre's situation as a hypo]. i'm willing to bet he'll hit a couple homers soon once that return is in the mail. pretty much everyone w/ common sense in that thread agreed that the taxes were the problem (just ignore the stupid and uninformed "ROIDS" and "CONTRACT YEAR" comments).

-he has one of the sweetest swings EVER. PERIOD. don't try to dispute it b/c i read it somehwere stright from a scout. if you think otherwise open your eyes instead of just following allong w/ what others are saying w/o judging for yourself

So I vouch that his new nick should be "Trü." The haters don't faze him b/c he is trü to himself and trü to the game. In this img I made he is an a Dodgers uniform b/c i couldn't find a Google image of one of his dozens of Mariners hits prolly b/c all the haters won't click on those. He has so many haters online b/c of his hitting skillz (better than them) and salary (more than them).

And w/ that i rest my case.

Last edited by asumikey222 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Nick for Beltre and a MSG TO THE Haters

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:54 pm

asumikey222 wrote:there has been A LOT of misinformation and pathetic jealous dissing of one of my favorite players on here.

here are the simple facts for those not prejudged to bias him just b/c he is a great hitter (one of the best ever) and makes a lot of $:

-he is a great guy, no question. he played here and my little cousin got his autograph no problems.

-Apparently his problems this season (DON'T CALL IT A SLUMP THAT'S STUPID) are related to some tax difficulties (probably a small unintentional error). to do some reasearch i called H&R block today and they said as long as he sends everything in monday he should be fine. i'm willing to bet he'll hit a couple homers soon once that return is in the mail. pretty much everyone w/ common sense in that thread agreed that the taxes were the problem (just ignore the stupid and uninformed "ROIDS" and "CONTRACT YEAR" comments).

-he has one of the sweetest swings EVER. PERIOD. don't try to dispute it b/c i read it somehwere stright from a scout. if you think otherwise open your eyes instead of just following allong w/ what others are saying w/o judging for yourself

So I vouch that his new nick should be "Trü." The haters don't faze him b/c he is trü to himself and trü to the game. In this img I made he is an a Dodgers uniform b/c i couldn't find a Google image of one of his dozens of Mariners hits prolly b/c all the haters won't click on those. He has so many haters online b/c of his hitting skillz (better than them) and salary (more than them).

And w/ that i rest my case.

Is this really Adrian Beltre writing? I have nothing against Beltre as a person who makes a lot of money or as a baseball player... and i think he is a good one. He has some power, and is a tremendous fieleder.
I just don't want him on my fantasy team... his 'sweet swing' has shown itself for one season that I would have wanted him as a third baseman... the rest are forgettable.... also he plays in a park that really saps power from hitters....
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby CeeLoGreen » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:54 pm

Pretty picture...

So your saying I should pick him up??? He just got released in my 11 team roto league...

Honestly, I don't see this turning out well. But at least there is nowhere to go but up...
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:58 pm

Wait, you called H&R Block and they released that info to you, a stranger?
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:58 pm

1) What was his problem last year then?

2) Some scout saying he has a "sweet swing" is just as subjective as any other baseball fan saying he was a "sweet swing." I'm not saying he does or doesn't have a sweet swing, because I haven't seen him much.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby asumikey222 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:00 pm

warrick95 wrote:Wait, you called H&R Block and they released that info to you, a stranger?

no i asked them hypothetically about someone having problems w/ taxes and if they can be fixed soon just generally. the lady was nice and helpful but i didn't mention beltre's name (does he use H&R block?).

i would recommend to anyone to pick him up or at least keep an eye on him this week.
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Fan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:04 pm

It's nice to see such an optimistic outlook on Beltre's season. As I tried to highlight in my thread, there's a very good chance he will snap out of this funk later this week. I'm glad to hear he was so nice to your cousin.

By the way, calling H&R Block was a ballsy move, I respect that. If more fans begun to ask questions not just about the numbers, but about the players themselves, we might have a more well-rounded view of the fantasy landscape.

edit: I like the nickname....pretty catchy. It's always good to be true to yourself and to your ideals, and despite Beltre's recent problems both on and off the field, I think he has been.
Fantasy Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:06 pm

So after all this off the field stuff goes away, how many HR's do you predict he'll hit? :-?
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby asumikey222 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:09 pm

it's hard to predict numbers w/ such an explosive hitter but what i am saying it look out if he is (STUPIDLY) on waivers and also just responding to some of the haters (i think i already explained this)
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:12 pm

asumikey222 wrote:it's hard to predict numbers w/ such an explosive hitter but what i am saying it look out if he is (STUPIDLY) on waivers and also just responding to some of the haters (i think i already explained this)

But answer me this , what was his excuse for his poor performance last season?
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers