Todd Jones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Todd Jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Todd Jones

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:56 pm

15 days are up tomorrow...is he gonna be closing now?
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d18Mike » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:19 pm

No. Detroit News and radio here today reported that he will travel with the team this week and throw a few bullpen sessions but it is highly unlikely he'll be ready to go until later in the week or maybe even next week.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pedros Little Friend » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:31 pm

he'll get the job back from rodney right? i know he's injury prone but if he stay's healthy i hope he can still get 30+ saves.
Pedros Little Friend
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d18Mike » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:45 pm

He'll certainly get the job back when he's off the DL -- whether or not he can pitch well enough to keep it is another matter entirely. Rodney has done a great job -- as he did last year. The rationale for the Jones signing is still a mystery to us all here in DET. But he gets the ball when he comes back.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby moose32 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:57 pm

Detroit needs to ship Todd Jones to the Yankees to be a set up man. Don't they know I only have Rodney on my team?
moose32
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wurthit » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:28 pm

Rodney needs to stay at closer, jones will get hurt or lose his stuff again. Its that whole andruw jones, adrian betlre talk they had a career year and thats it he wont be that good again. Way over rated and payed. Def would be a good fit in the yankees pen.
wurthit
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:47 am

d18Mike wrote:No. Detroit News and radio here today reported that he will travel with the team this week and throw a few bullpen sessions but it is highly unlikely he'll be ready to go until later in the week or maybe even next week.

yep, heard the same thing

as for Rodney, do any Tigers fans remember him being as dominating last year as people keep saying? because i dont
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mrider » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:53 am

I don't see why they put Jones back in the closer role. Because they spent all this money who cares, there winning. Just because you put a lot of money into a guy you shouldn't just play him because you spent a lot of money on him. Rodney has been doing really well, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby d18Mike » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:00 am

Rodney was "dominant" (relative term -- but certainly not Lidge-like) early when he got the role last year but by the end of the season, every game he pitched in was an adventure. Jim Price was commenting on that just yesterday.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:00 pm

d18Mike wrote:Rodney was "dominant" (relative term -- but certainly not Lidge-like) early when he got the role last year but by the end of the season, every game he pitched in was an adventure. Jim Price was commenting on that just yesterday.

that was my recollection of it as well. i thought he was slightly above average at best. it's not like a K-rod/Percival situation

for what it's worth, Sportsline is reporting that Jones is targeting April 21st at Seattle for a return
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers