What is a good "Pay" Fantasy Baseball Site - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

What is a good "Pay" Fantasy Baseball Site

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is a good "Pay" Fantasy Baseball Site

Postby Sun21 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:06 pm

usually every year i play free fantasy baseball with a bunch of friends and family through CBS Sportsline or Sandbox. But i guess both sites are charging now, so i would like to know what is a good pay league. I've looked at Sportingnews.com's "draft & trade" and it looked pretty decent at only $12.99 per team. It also offered a cash prize of $20 to the league winner. I am very interested in a cash prize for the winner of the league. Also, i 've heard ESPN is a pretty good one too.

So, for those experienced in pay leagues....it would be great if you could tell me what is a good site.
Sun21

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

sites

Postby bdereski » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:26 pm

I have participated In the Espn, Sandbox, CBS Sportsline, and Yahoo leagues for over 6 years now. Espn is easily the best layout, the price is a little higher though.
bdereski

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:38 pm

i would like to know if Espn or Sportingnews.com are charging for transactions. i've looked over the web sites and cannot find out. any help appreciated
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

transactions free

Postby dtop » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:07 pm

both leagues don't charge for transactions. i have teams in both. i have openings in my legue on sportingnews.com. the layout for live
drafting looks a little better on sportingnews. my league is "10 team live draft #2". we are drafting mar. 22nd at 1:00 et. e-mail me at mailto:rdtopor@attbi.com for the password. thanks ;-)
dtop
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

ESPN overnight locking of schedules

Postby mkhan » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:49 pm

I was going to join ESPN but they lock their schedules the night before at 12:00PT. I am used to being able to change my roster until right before the game starts for the position (Yahoo Baseball Plus).
Anyone have any suggestions?
mkhan
T-Ball Trainer

Postby AtP » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:53 pm

I have always like CBS a lot. And I absolutely hated Sandbox. CDM had one a few years ago, they ran it for USA Today, that I enjoyed a lot. It uses a salary cap and daily transactions but you pay for everything.
AtP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:52 am

ESPN is the only pay league I have played, but it is great. Yahoo free leagues kill me cause by the All-Star break its a mostly dead league. I played CBS last year and didnt like it at all. It had massive rosters for each team with no bench at all. If I remember correctly it also had weekly lineup changes which are the death blow in my book. I think I am going to just stick with ESPN again this year even though thier prices seem to climb even higher every year, but hey you get what you pay for.

Return to Classifieds