Pujols top fantasy player? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pujols top fantasy player?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:15 pm

HunterValentyne wrote:as long as soriano qualifies at 2nd base i go with soriano first overall. okay let me have it. He hits for average, scores runs, steals bases and hits for Homers and RBIS. Soriano does everything necessary and at a weak position at 2nd base. Now when he is outfield only then i will change my opinion

I would take Utley over Soriano in RFK.

Pujols has been my #1 easy the last 3 years. Arod earned more last year, but that was because of the high sb.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Pujols top fantasy player?

Postby Matthias » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:27 pm

RAmst23 wrote:Well the great one just knocked out 1 bomb today. Eight home runs, 16 RBIs, 11 Runs scored and 0 SBs. Is Shelton going to become the top fantasy player this year, unseating Arod? Is this year the first year Shelton hits 50?

Edited for the sake of controversy.

Also, more importantly, is this week going to be the week that Chris Shelton's ESPN player card unseats the Chris Shelton Apprentice discussion on top of the google results?
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby the_wright_team » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:34 pm

No, Alex Rodriguez will have more RBIs because of the 2 best leadoff hitters in the AL that are batting in front of him.
the_wright_team
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:42 pm

Pujols is a better hitter than ARod. There are obviously other things that ARod does better, but, overall, it's awfully close. I would want Pujols over ARod if I was fortunate enough to be given the choice.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:42 pm

Not that this would ever happen but imagine Pujols going to the Bronx and hitting 3rd for the Yankees. With his talent he could easily put up 140r and 140rbi. Scary scary thought.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby The Jury » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:42 pm

the_wright_team wrote:No, Alex Rodriguez will have more RBIs because of the 2 best leadoff hitters in the AL that are batting in front of him.

What's up with you and judging players solely by RBI totals? 8-o
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby otp73 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:18 pm

The Jury wrote:
kev8821 wrote:I had the number 1 pick and grabbed A-Rod. This week I traded for Pujols. I love having both on my squad especially on days like today. I didn't think I could pull that off.

Having both of them on one team is toooo dirty.

I have Pujols, Vlad, and David Wright in a league where we keep 5 keepers every year.
otp73
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:32 pm

I took Pujols with the #1 pick in our deep roster league and would take him over ARod every time, Pujols just has more upside.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:32 pm

HunterValentyne wrote:as long as soriano qualifies at 2nd base i go with soriano first overall. okay let me have it. He hits for average, scores runs, steals bases and hits for Homers and RBIS. Soriano does everything necessary and at a weak position at 2nd base. Now when he is outfield only then i will change my opinion

err... uhh... you know he isn't in Texas or New York anymore right? He's in Washington? What year is it for you? How many HR do you think he hit last year? What was his BA? How many SB did he steal? If you think he hit.290 with 40 HR and 40SB... then you are thinking of the wrong year.... and if you think he'll do that in RFK this year... can I have some of what you are on?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Re: Pujols top fantasy player?

Postby RAmst23 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:01 am

Matthias wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:Well the great one just knocked out 1 bomb today. Eight home runs, 16 RBIs, 11 Runs scored and 0 SBs. Is Shelton going to become the top fantasy player this year, unseating Arod? Is this year the first year Shelton hits 50?

Edited for the sake of controversy.

Also, more importantly, is this week going to be the week that Chris Shelton's ESPN player card unseats the Chris Shelton Apprentice discussion on top of the google results?

Cute. I forgot Pujols has a track record of being a superstar, and in 4 months Chris Shelton will be on most waiver wires.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers