Pujols top fantasy player? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pujols top fantasy player?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Jury » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:55 pm

kev8821 wrote:I had the number 1 pick and grabbed A-Rod. This week I traded for Pujols. I love having both on my squad especially on days like today. I didn't think I could pull that off.

Having both of them on one team is toooo dirty.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby patty cheeks » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:01 pm

ukjohn wrote:I'd say he is #1, but it's not hard hitting off the Reds bullpen :~(

well its still 3 HR! Hitting 3 HRs is still a big accomplishment no matter what team your playing against.
patty cheeks
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Danimal » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:11 pm

Whenever somebody makes an offer for Pujols (I have him in two leagues!), all I need to do is think about the day he had Sunday, and the answer is simple.
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:35 pm

I've always had Pujols at #1. In 2004 he was ranked #1 at the end of the year so it's not like he hasn't been recognized as such.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:39 pm

patty cheeks wrote:
ukjohn wrote:I'd say he is #1, but it's not hard hitting off the Reds bullpen :~(

well its still 3 HR! Hitting 3 HRs is still a big accomplishment no matter what team your playing against.

Ehh, I have to disagree, I think Quilvio Veras could hit three off our pen anyday...

For those of you who picked the Reds to be last in the central (including espn and si)...i hate all of you, and you are wrong...
thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HunterValentyne » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:42 pm

as long as soriano qualifies at 2nd base i go with soriano first overall. okay let me have it. He hits for average, scores runs, steals bases and hits for Homers and RBIS. Soriano does everything necessary and at a weak position at 2nd base. Now when he is outfield only then i will change my opinion
HunterValentyne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:52 pm

HunterValentyne wrote:as long as soriano qualifies at 2nd base i go with soriano first overall. okay let me have it. He hits for average, scores runs, steals bases and hits for Homers and RBIS. Soriano does everything necessary and at a weak position at 2nd base. Now when he is outfield only then i will change my opinion

Hang on, I think I missed something. If you had the first overall pick, you would select Alfonso Soriano?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:55 pm

The Jury wrote:
HunterValentyne wrote:as long as soriano qualifies at 2nd base i go with soriano first overall. okay let me have it. He hits for average, scores runs, steals bases and hits for Homers and RBIS. Soriano does everything necessary and at a weak position at 2nd base. Now when he is outfield only then i will change my opinion

Hang on, I think I missed something. If you had the first overall pick, you would select Alfonso Soriano?

Exactly.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:08 pm

Pujols is my number 1. He's simply the best hitter and he's a savvy baserunner that's still young enough to continue getting better. ARod is most likely at his ceiling and while I don't expect him to regress much for a few years (probably not for 6-8 years) he will slow down a little bit in the sb department - the only place he has the advantage over Pujols. The only thing that can hold Pujols back now would be injuries.

I drafted in 7 redraft leagues this year and DEFINITELY enjoyed ARod being valued higher by most people - I ended up with Pujols in 3 of the 7 leagues thanks to getting him with the #2 pick in 2 of them and the #1 pick in the other.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby cordscords » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:13 pm

Don't want to sound mean, but you really should not be doing that.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers