2006 ML Breakout players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

2006 ML Breakout players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nathan050904 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:06 pm

I've heard the name Fernando Martinez before from researching the minors and keeping track of them for my dynasty league but, I don't know all that much about him. However, the yankees have a young kid by the name of Jose Tabata who could be a very good outfielder and I think in some ways is a breakout candidate.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mets Outfielder

Postby JohnR » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:44 pm

tallguy22 wrote:Who is this mets outfielder you are talking about. I'm a mets fan, and I haven't heard of him. He must be in A ball.

He won't have a chance unless Lastings Millege Busts. And scouts have him as one of the quickest bats in the minors right now. He'll take FLoyds place next year after his contract is done.

I said he was in A ball. For being a Mets fan, you must have been living under a rock from last June on. The Mets signed him as a then 16 year old right out of the Dominican. Scouting reports said he was the best pure hitter in years at such a young age. I never trust stuff Gammons makes up, but when he was auditioning for the Bosox, Gammons said his swing reminded him of a young Ted Williams. He is making his pro debut this year for Hagerstown and is more than holding his own. I thought for sure he'd be in rookie ball, but he's proving he can handle it. He's a good 3 years away. Long term I see Milledge in LF, Beltran in CF and the kid in RF or Milledge in RF with Martinez in LF (although he's playing CF for Hagerstown). Look him up, I guarantee you'll be impressed.

As for Tabata, I think Martinez is better and will be ranked higher than Tabata on next year's prospects lists.
The one constant through all the years has been baseball. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again...This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again.
JohnR
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:27 am

Jeff Larish and Kevin Whelan, both playing for the Tigers' class A+ Lakeland.
Larish may just what the Tigers need: a left handed power bat who will draw a lot of walks. He plays 1B and supposedly has enough athleticism to play a corner outfield spot if necessary. He played some 3B in college, but he is done at 3B.

Whelan he's only a closer prospect, so he won't get tons of recognition, but he could be one of the best closer prospects by the end of the season.

Humberto Sanchez, a starting pitcher for the Tigers' AA affiliate, Erie. He was dominant as a reliever in the AFL. Now he is back as a starter and looking very good. He hasn't shown great results otherwise to this point, but he has the stuff to be very good. His weakness has always been control. Keep an eye on him.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:48 pm

patty cheeks wrote:I could see Carlos Gonzales as a top 15 prospect this year and I like Nick Adenhart as well.

Agreed. Gonzales is def. a stud. ;-D
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Galt » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:17 am

Wow, some pretty good calls here.

Gonzalez, Gallardo, Brignac (out of nowhere!), FMart, Garza, Adenhart.
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JohnR » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:16 pm

yeh look for my next set of 3 hitters and 3 pitchers coming soon..,,
The one constant through all the years has been baseball. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again...This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again.
JohnR
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball