Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby patty cheeks » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:49 pm

well he does have 4 SBs :*)
patty cheeks
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:05 pm

patty cheeks wrote:well he does have 4 SBs :*)

When its all said and done , I think he can have a 20/20 season.. :*)
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby giants! » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:12 pm

If thats the real reason for Beltre's poor start, then that shows something about his drive towards baseball and the team. Unless he has a real reason to be distressed(Death in Family, Sickness), he should not be letting off the field matters affect his play on the field.
I personally believe that Beltre is sucking because he sucks and only had one fluke year but I have seen off the field problems influence athletes before (Tim Thomas)
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasy Fan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:20 pm

After what he showed everyone in the WBC, can you honestly say he just had one fluke year? He came ready to play, and was one of the stars on the world's biggest stage. When it came time to play in Seattle this year, unfortunately, off field issues have taken their toll on him.

About my friend giving out the info. It's not that big of a deal. If I told you which firm he worked for, or specific details, that'd be one thing, but I'm merely trying to tell fellow fantasy baseball fans what might be bothering Adrian.
Fantasy Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby giants! » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Fantasy Fan wrote:After what he showed everyone in the WBC, can you honestly say he just had one fluke year?

Yes I can honestly say he had one fluke year.

Career Numbers: 4065 AB, 166 Home Runs, 597 RBI, .271 BA, .782 OPS
Average per season: 24 HR, 86 RBI, .271 BA, .782 OPS
2004 Season: 48 HR, 121 RBI, .338 BA, 1.017 OPS

Now can I seriously say he had one fluke year, the answer is absolutely. In his career year he had 24 more home runs, 25 more rbi, 67 points higher ba, and an ops of over 250 more than his career numbers. That year is a fluke until proven otherwise
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:50 pm

Fantasy Fan wrote:After what he showed everyone in the WBC, can you honestly say he just had one fluke year? He came ready to play, and was one of the stars on the world's biggest stage. When it came time to play in Seattle this year, unfortunately, off field issues have taken their toll on him.

About my friend giving out the info. It's not that big of a deal. If I told you which firm he worked for, or specific details, that'd be one thing, but I'm merely trying to tell fellow fantasy baseball fans what might be bothering Adrian.

WBC didn't mean anything obviously. He cashed out on his one tremendous season. Good for him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jaybo1015 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:59 pm

come on yall. its very early. and 3b is deeeep...
Jaybo1015
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:07 am

Jaybo1015 wrote:come on yall. its very early. and 3b is deeeep...

The depth of the position should not affect Beltre's poor play... :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby warrick95 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:20 am

suppasonic wrote:Actually, he is not playing well because he doesn't have bone spurs any more.

As is obvious, he's a real flailer at pitches. The bone spurs in 04' kept him from lunging forward because it hurt too much, leading him to wait for a pitch he wants.

Don't know a thing about whether or not it's tax issues or whatever, but I cannot believe that everybody's ignore this quality post right here! Instead of bothering to look at facts, people are buying into this wild goose chase that is steroids as usual. Absolutely unbelievable. Innocent until proven guilty is apparently an afterthought in today's society everywhere.

Anyway, for the twentieth time, steroids may make you stronger and may give you more confidence, but do you REALLY think that can be the reason why a player who boasted OBPs of .310, .303, and .290 the three previous years exploded with a .388 OBP season? I mean, the man always had plenty of pop, but he just never made solid contact on the ball, because he swung at literally everything that made it awkward for him to make contract. As suppasonic said, he had to wait on all pitches when he had bone spurs, so he was forced to be a very disciplined hitter. The tools were there. Actually, the tools are still there. Remember, he's only 27, so it's not inconcievable that the batting eye will improve. IMO, he'll go off again with a big season (albeit not as big as his 2004 season) sometime in the future.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby justinA » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:26 am

lol. Oh no, he will get Tax Evasion which he will get no jail time because he is an athlete, maybe some community service, and a fine that is .04% of his income.

Dream on, the guy just isn't any good.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers