Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start?

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:02 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Fantasy Fan wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to give you this inside scoop. I have a friend who works at a Seattle-based tax firm, that deals with Adrian Beltre's account that and it seems like his poor play may be due to him being preoccupied with problems with his return. He is being audited by the IRS and he has come into the office visibly shaken. He has seen him come into the office obviously distressed and looking unlike the confident slugger we saw in the WBC. There's a good chance that his problems are most certainly due to his tax-induced stress.


Well, I was going to say he's having a poor start because he sucks, but whatever. :-b


lol
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Irish » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:46 pm

Fantasy Fan wrote:
asumikey222 wrote:
Any word on if this will be resolved or will these issues dog him the whole season? I am seriously contemplating selling very low (I play in a deep AL league) but would love to hang onto him if there is any hope. :(

Mikey

Supposedly they are getting things resolved but my friend isn't working on the account itself (obviously I can't reveal much about what he does) and he has heard that things are looking better recently though after today's performance it's hard to know. I would say wait until after April 18th and see if he heats up, I'll try to let you know how things are progressing if I hear anything else from my buddy.


Yeah, thanks, keep us updated, so I know the exact moment to keep on not caring.

;-D
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:54 pm

Yeah it is the IRS not the lack of roids in a contract year....Sure.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby suppasonic » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:04 pm

Actually, he is not playing well because he doesn't have bone spurs any more.

As is obvious, he's a real flailer at pitches. The bone spurs in 04' kept him from lunging forward because it hurt too much, leading him to wait for a pitch he wants.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1321
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Over thurr.

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:08 pm

Please. He had ONE...count it ONE decent year. And not coincidentally the year his contract expired and the year before serious roid testing with penalities was done. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d18Mike » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:09 pm

I'm with Yanks '04 == steroids, plain and simple.

And by the way, no offense intended here, but I think your friend whose firm does Beltre's taxes needs to take a look at its ethics practices. I hope the people who work on my taxes don't discuss them with their friends. That's a fairly major lapse of professional judgement. Again, no offense. But that's a bit scary.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1696
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:16 pm

RugbyD: I'll take "Beltre Sucks" for $1000, Alex.

Alex Trebek: This number shows that Adrian Beltre absopositively sucks beyond question.

RD: What is a .779 career OPS, which includes his fluke year of a 1.017 OPS?

AT: That is correct!

Sean Connery: Your mother is a whore, Trebek.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:19 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I think he's off to a poor start because he was a fluke. He was never spectacular before '04 and he won't be again. :-)


Yea, so far he's been nothing but a one year wonder...
Image

For those of you who picked the Reds to be last in the central (including espn and si)...i hate all of you, and you are wrong...
thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 124
Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Waiting for Cincy to make the playoffs...

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:42 pm

Beltre = synonymous with Brady Anderson, Fernando Tatis and Richard Hidalgo.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby nuggets » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:45 pm

d18Mike wrote:I'm with Yanks '04 == steroids, plain and simple.

And by the way, no offense intended here, but I think your friend whose firm does Beltre's taxes needs to take a look at its ethics practices. I hope the people who work on my taxes don't discuss them with their friends. That's a fairly major lapse of professional judgement. Again, no offense. But that's a bit scary.


Exactly. The cafe is cool, knowing insider into is fun and an gives us an edge, but some things cross a line.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact