Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start?

Postby Fantasy Fan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:10 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you this inside scoop. I have a friend who works at a Seattle-based tax firm, that deals with Adrian Beltre's account that and it seems like his poor play may be due to him being preoccupied with problems with his return. He is being audited by the IRS and he has come into the office visibly shaken. He has seen him come into the office obviously distressed and looking unlike the confident slugger we saw in the WBC. There's a good chance that his problems are most certainly due to his tax-induced stress.
Fantasy Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pope » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:13 pm

The real reason for Beltre's poor play:

Not a Contract Year. This guy is a scam artist.

:-?

Plus, he never plays well in the first half. The year he went off, he had 2 good halves instead of his usual one.
Last edited by pope on Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pope
College Coach
College Coach

Postby asumikey222 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:13 pm

UGH this guy has been killing me, keeping me in third place in my most important league b/c of his AWFUL numbers. He totally looked like he got his swing back in the WBC too but has looked so out of it at the plate this season.

Any word on if this will be resolved or will these issues dog him the whole season? I am seriously contemplating selling very low (I play in a deep AL league) but would love to hang onto him if there is any hope. :(
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Possible Reason for Beltre's Poor Start?

Postby nuggets » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:15 pm

Fantasy Fan wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to give you this inside scoop. I have a friend who works at a Seattle-based tax firm, that deals with Adrian Beltre's account that and it seems like his poor play may be due to him being preoccupied with problems with his return. He is being audited by the IRS and he has come into the office visibly shaken. He has seen him come into the office obviously distressed and looking unlike the confident slugger we saw in the WBC. There's a good chance that his problems are most certainly due to his tax-induced stress.

You could get (your friend) in trouble for exposing that type of info.
Last edited by nuggets on Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:16 pm

Fantasy Fan wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to give you this inside scoop. I have a friend who works at a Seattle-based tax firm, that deals with Adrian Beltre's account that and it seems like his poor play may be due to him being preoccupied with problems with his return. He is being audited by the IRS and he has come into the office visibly shaken. He has seen him come into the office obviously distressed and looking unlike the confident slugger we saw in the WBC. There's a good chance that his problems are most certainly due to his tax-induced stress.

Well, I was going to say he's having a poor start because he sucks, but whatever. :-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:18 pm

I think he's off to a poor start because he was a fluke. He was never spectacular before '04 and he won't be again. :-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasy Fan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:19 pm

asumikey222 wrote:
Any word on if this will be resolved or will these issues dog him the whole season? I am seriously contemplating selling very low (I play in a deep AL league) but would love to hang onto him if there is any hope. :(

Mikey

Supposedly they are getting things resolved but my friend isn't working on the account itself (obviously I can't reveal much about what he does) and he has heard that things are looking better recently though after today's performance it's hard to know. I would say wait until after April 18th and see if he heats up, I'll try to let you know how things are progressing if I hear anything else from my buddy.
Fantasy Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby josebach » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:35 pm

I'm wondering if he was being audited last year where in 5 more at bats, he scored 35 fewer runs, hit 29 fewer home runs, had 32 fewer RBIs and batted 80 points lower than he had the previous year? Of all the players who had 3rd base eligibility last year, Beltre finished 18th. Whatever your expectations are, they're probably too high.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bdrotoronto » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:48 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:

Well, I was going to say he's having a poor start because he sucks, but whatever. :-b

beat me to it. :-b
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GSes » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:00 pm

he sucks, period.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers