Clemens: Injuries to force early return? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clemens: Injuries to force early return?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Jury » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:44 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Wang? Someone hit Wright over the head...what a waste of money.

As to Clemens, he is going to go to the highest bidder. Don't be fooled by any of the nonsense he spews as he is the master at self promotion. The man will get something like 15 M to pitch 3 or 4 months. The only question is with who imo.

I don't think so. IMO, they will all be offering similar money for half a season. Unless another team gives him the "do whatever you want but pitch for us eveyr 5th day" clause, I'm sold that he's going to sign with the Astros when the dust settles.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:00 am

hope he picks a team soon...

A rotation of Sheets, Peavy, Clemens, Mussina, Mulder, and Cliff Lee would be pretty nice...
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:10 am

I'm praying he comes back soon. I'd love to have him as a 6th pitcher to go along with Buerhle, Halladay, Willis, Harden and Morris. :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

My money is on Houston

Postby TomG » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:10 am

I'm thinking he ends up on Houston.

Four reasons:

-The setup there is too sweet for him. Pitching where he lives and all. Being able to stay around his family was the key reason they were able to pull him out of "retirement"

-His buddy Pettite is still there. The second reason he came out of retirement.

-He hasn't retired yet, but hasn't signed with anyone yet either. He may be just waiting it out until May 1.

- I drafted him in my NL only league.
TomG
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: My money is on Houston

Postby ravenmad22 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:42 am

TomG wrote:I'm thinking he ends up on Houston.

Four reasons:

-The setup there is too sweet for him. Pitching where he lives and all. Being able to stay around his family was the key reason they were able to pull him out of "retirement"

-He hasn't retired yet, but hasn't signed with anyone yet either. He may be just waiting it out until May 1.

I agree for all those reasons.

Mostly because I have him in my NL only as well.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: My money is on Houston

Postby The Jury » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:15 pm

ravenmad22 wrote:
TomG wrote:I'm thinking he ends up on Houston.

Four reasons:

I agree for all those reasons.

Mostly because I have him in my NL only as well.

:-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby waterproof » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:59 pm

You guys all drafted him. So I guess you think he'll be playing again this year...

When do you see him coming back? Everything I read says that he might not be back until June or July if at all...

Any thoughts?
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:35 pm

Gordon Edes from the Boston Globe said in the Sox-Ms pregame today on WEEI that he was convinced that Roger is coming back to Boston, even betting a dinner with Jerry Trupiano about it. He talked about how Clemens loves what Schilling and Beckett are doing, and the 'pen, etc. He concluded with saying that Clemens will come here to Boston for the $10-15M, pitch a few months and then retire to Houston working with the Astros in some capacity.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Jury » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:47 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:Gordon Edes from the Boston Globe said in the Sox-Ms pregame today on WEEI that he was convinced that Roger is coming back to Boston, even betting a dinner with Jerry Trupiano about it. He talked about how Clemens loves what Schilling and Beckett are doing, and the 'pen, etc. He concluded with saying that Clemens will come here to Boston for the $10-15M, pitch a few months and then retire to Houston working with the Astros in some capacity.

Sounds good. If he likes what Boston's doing that much, then I can see it happening. I do think he loves the Houston contract clause though.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bleach168 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:51 pm

As an Astros fan, I don't want him back. He asked for and received an 18 million dollar one-year deal last year which basically handcuffed us. Just one more player and we win that world series.

This year, he's trying to get all these teams into a bidding war. We've gone out of our way to bend over backwards for him and this is how he's treating us? I'm sick of it. Clemens says one thing and then does another. I don't want to see him in an Astros uniform.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers