Sean Burroughs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sean Burroughs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sean Burroughs

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:40 pm

Bill Chastain, of DevilRays.MLB.com, reports Tampa Bay Devil Rays 3B Sean Burroughs will be the designated hitter throughout the weekend as he becomes accustomed to the speed of the game.

does he have any short term value for somebody(me) that's starting David Newhan? :-[

the question is basically, can he hit .280
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:52 pm

ok, being a san diego fan, i can honestly tell you, burroughs is only good for hitting 290 tops, and he has absolutely no power, and in a pitchers park, thats not a good sign...usually, you dont want your dh to be a primary singles hitter...

For those of you who picked the Reds to be last in the central (including espn and si)...i hate all of you, and you are wrong...
thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:56 pm

thatohiosportsfan wrote:ok, being a san diego fan, i can honestly tell you, burroughs is only good for hitting 290 tops, and he has absolutely no power, and in a pitchers park, thats not a good sign...usually, you dont want your dh to be a primary singles hitter...

the question was is he a decent enough(read: wouldn't hurt my OBP and BA) replacement when the Orioles play a LHP(when they bench Newhan for I assume Matos)
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:02 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
thatohiosportsfan wrote:ok, being a san diego fan, i can honestly tell you, burroughs is only good for hitting 290 tops, and he has absolutely no power, and in a pitchers park, thats not a good sign...usually, you dont want your dh to be a primary singles hitter...

the question was is he a decent enough(read: wouldn't hurt my OBP and BA) replacement when the Orioles play a LHP(when they bench Newhan for I assume Matos)

Its a question mark...if you expect him do anything more than get a hit or two, maybe a run or two, thats all youll get...he wont hit homers, he wont drive in any runs, i dont know why youd pick him up...unless fa is that thin...

For those of you who picked the Reds to be last in the central (including espn and si)...i hate all of you, and you are wrong...
thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:04 pm

thatohiosportsfan wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Its a question mark...if you expect him do anything more than get a hit or two, maybe a run or two, thats all youll get...he wont hit homers, he wont drive in any runs, i dont know why youd pick him up...unless fa is that thin...

it's that thin. I think I'll bench him and see. I don't want any more of the Ryan Church 0 for 5 any time soon. :-°
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:09 pm

well, let me know of some more avaliable players, and i can help you with that

thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:17 pm

thatohiosportsfan wrote:well, let me know of some more avaliable players, and i can help you with that

options: Eric Reed, David Newhan, Corey Patterson, Sean Burroughns. Pick 3.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:21 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
thatohiosportsfan wrote:well, let me know of some more avaliable players, and i can help you with that

options: Eric Reed, David Newhan, Corey Patterson, Sean Burroughns. Pick 3.

Wow...these are some of the worst oppotions ever...take patterson, reed, and burroughs...

thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Patoons » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:34 pm

Where is this guy (Burroughs) even going to play? With Wigginton playing this well, I can't see it at this point. Unless they sit Gathright/Hollins.

Also, I'd rather have Newhan considering he's playing frequently at this point.
Patoons
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers