Torii Hunter in Pinstripes? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Torii Hunter in Pinstripes?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Torii Hunter in Pinstripes?

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:21 pm

Johnny Damon said Friday that he would be willing to move to right field if the Yankees acquired Torii Hunter.
The Twins hold a $12 million option on Hunter for 2007, which may be difficult for the small-market team to fit into its budget. To his credit, Hunter declined to comment. Apr. 15 - 10:23 am et
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press


Very cool of Damon of offer that, whether it happens or not. I also heard that Hunter is excited at the possibility of playing for a big market team, and said if he's going to stay with Minnesota, he's going to need them to commit to winning.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shappy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:11 pm

that would put sheff in the dh role...which would than force giambi to play 1b every day or so...which completely rules out andy phillips...i dont really like this trade to much
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 951
Joined: 1 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:23 pm

Damon in right? :-/

not a pretty thought.
Image
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2514
Joined: 26 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:03 pm

shappy wrote:that would put sheff in the dh role...which would than force giambi to play 1b every day or so...which completely rules out andy phillips...i dont really like this trade to much


It wouldn't be a trade. It would be a FA signing next offseason. And Sheff probably won't even be on the team, thankfully.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cobbs87 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:30 pm

Thankfully?
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Posts: 622
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:24 pm

cobbs87 wrote:Thankfully?


Sheff is getting old, and they'd probably overpay. I love having him in the lineup, but I'll also be glad to see him go after this year.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

I like it

Postby kruger7341 » Mon May 01, 2006 1:13 pm

It seems to me that the Yanks could really use this. I would much rather see Sheff in the DH role since I think he hustles only 70 % of the time. I like the thought of getting a gold glover in Center and moving a good centerfielder to right.
kruger7341
T-Ball Trainer

User avatar

Posts: 1
Joined: 1 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I like it

Postby blankman » Tue May 02, 2006 11:15 pm

kruger7341 wrote:It seems to me that the Yanks could really use this. I would much rather see Sheff in the DH role since I think he hustles only 70 % of the time. I like the thought of getting a gold glover in Center and moving a good centerfielder to right.


Damon's arm is too awful for RF. Matsui would be better suited there with Damon in the larger LF where his range would be better used.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I like it

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:47 pm

blankman wrote:
kruger7341 wrote:It seems to me that the Yanks could really use this. I would much rather see Sheff in the DH role since I think he hustles only 70 % of the time. I like the thought of getting a gold glover in Center and moving a good centerfielder to right.


Damon's arm is too awful for RF. Matsui would be better suited there with Damon in the larger LF where his range would be better used.


I thought about that as well. Damon would be much better suited for LF but I'm not sure if Matsui for moving to RF.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I like it

Postby blankman » Wed May 10, 2006 12:43 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
blankman wrote:
kruger7341 wrote:It seems to me that the Yanks could really use this. I would much rather see Sheff in the DH role since I think he hustles only 70 % of the time. I like the thought of getting a gold glover in Center and moving a good centerfielder to right.


Damon's arm is too awful for RF. Matsui would be better suited there with Damon in the larger LF where his range would be better used.


I thought about that as well. Damon would be much better suited for LF but I'm not sure if Matsui for moving to RF.


Well that would be the only option (Matsui going to Right).
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to New York Yankees

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact