Todd Walker = for real? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Todd Walker = for real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Todd Walker = for real?

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:15 am

Admittedly, the Cubs have had some groove ball matchups w/ Cincy but he's RAKING and is still on the WW in most of the leagues I'm in.

The off season run-ins about who the starter is seem to be lighting a fire under him and I'm wondering if he's gonna keep it up. Obviously hitting .400 is a longshot but Walker's got a whiff of power and, from the games I've seen is hitting very nicely, making good contact with balls, going to the opposite field situationally, etc.

Any thoughts on this?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby riverrat » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:55 am

The guy could always hit.
The talk in Chi-town is that they resigned him only to want to trade him during the off-season...which didnt happen. Now the C(h)ubs have 3 2ndbasemen and his defense is being questioned. He will not be an everyday player...not with 'B'usty Baker as manager. He would be on my team if he was.
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:05 am

First time he makes two errors in a game you'll see Neifi out there again. Thats my one problem with Walker.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:05 am

It is perhaps a bad omen that Yahoo has DLee at .370 as the Cubs batting leader while TWalker is hitting .480! I keep waiting for him to cool off but even Dusty can't ignore somebody who's that hot. He'll probably sit vs lefties though, like today...I could deal w/ that as that's pretty easy to predict in your lineup... :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:00 pm

i like todd walker, especially when he hit with cinci, but keep two things in mind...1, hes getting old, 2, he's been hitting against some of the worst pitching in the league (stl aside)...so far hes been hitting against cinci, and pit pitching...i think brandon larson couldve been hitting 400 off of that pitching (i will love if anyone gets this reference)...

For those of you who picked the Reds to be last in the central (including espn and si)...i hate all of you, and you are wrong...
thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby blibros » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:51 am

He will continue to start vs. RHP and put up fine numbers when he does, plus will get some PH duty in other games. Batting 2nd in Chi. is a tremendous lineup spot this year with Lee and Ramirez behind and Pierre in front. Platooning will keep the BA strong. Only down side is that there are a lot of LHP in the division.
blibros
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers