"bigh0rt's Milwuakee Brewers Organiztion Spectacular" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

"bigh0rt's Milwuakee Brewers Organiztion Spectacular"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

"bigh0rt's Milwuakee Brewers Organiztion Spectacular"

Postby wrveres » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:04 am

I figure I would probably get a better answer here vs. the Brewers forum, and since this has everything to do with how they handle their prospects.

I noticed that last fall, the Milwaukee Brewers called up Prince Fielder and had him sit on the bench. The minor league season was not over yet, but there he sat. Now we have Corey Hart just sitting on the bench. Not even pinch-hitting. Just sitting. I cannot remember if they did this with Weeks. If memory serves, they did two maybe three seasons ago.

I have searched and cannot come up with anything of substance via google, but does anybody know why they do this. Is it some sort of organization philosophy to start the arbitration clock on prospects, and pay 100.00 a night for room and board while they travel with the team. Do they get better airfare on road games if the guy gets no AB"s ...

What gives ..

Has anybody read anything on this?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:58 pm

I doubt its for any of those reasons...
It could be that the GM and manager disagree on which players to play (see the Nationals) or they could believe that Hart has nothing to gain from more AAA time, and that practicing with the Brewers is more helpful... I don't know how, but that's the only thing that would sort of make sense...
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 15)

Postby hybrid » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:54 pm

Well they never did it w/ Weeks. At the end of the first year he was drafted they let him come up and get some time in, but it's only due to it being in his contract I believe. Prince on the other hand demolished AAA that year and they felt it was better for him to get comfortable and learn more at the big league level.

Hart is a bit of a different story as he isn't considered the elite prospect that those two are. This is the 2nd year they have done this and I doubt it is helping him much and honestly can't give a good reason as to why they are.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby patty cheeks » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:59 pm

i dunno.. maybe they feel like Hart is a worthy backup?
patty cheeks
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:56 pm

Last I heard they were hopeful of getting him some AB at 3B b/c he wasn't getting any p/t in the OF.

The only problem is that they have Koskie, Hall and Cirillo at 3B.

They have so many good young kids that need p/t in the majors and then they go and pick up useless spare parts like Cirillo and Koskie to take the p/t away from them. Makes me scratch my head.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby brewcrew4you » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:31 pm

The problem is that Hart has put in his time in Nashville. They are finally trying to make a push from developing prospects at the AA and AAA level, and winning in the Bigs. Hart, despite good speed for a 6'5" guy, doesn't really project to much more than a 4th outfielder, I'm afriad. It's time for him to learn what goes on in The Show, and be ready to compete with Nelson Cruz and Gabe Gross for Brady Clark's job, as well as whichever corner outfielder slot is available next year.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball