Odd - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Odd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DaQ » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Coppermine wrote:So get this!

OK, so I have Comcast cable... bummer. Rates went up this week AGAIN and now I'm paying 100 bucks a month for standard cable and cable internet; up 20 bucks from what I was paying.

But for the first week of baseball, I had a FREE preview of MLB Extra Innings. This was great, and the free preview was from April 2-9. It sucks that I live in FOUR markets... that's right, FOUR, so those games are all blacked out and they're not always available. I live in the market for the Phillies, Pirates, Orioles and Nationals.

Anyway, it is April 14 and I still have access to all of the MLB Extra Innings games. This is blowing my mind. I haven't done anything and I was so sad when April 10 rolled around; but I checked just for fun and sure enough the games were all still available. Now it's the 14 and I still have all the games. Now I don't know if this is unethical or stealing. I suppose Ned Flanders would immediately be on the phone with Comcast explaining the situation, but come on! I'm getting ripped off by those corporate jerks and I am enjoying my Extra Innings free of charge without any complaints.

So, in any case, the game is just starting after an hour and half rain delay. And here it is on Channel 776; Milwaukee and New York.... and I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

That sounds like a great deal! If you're in 4 team's markets, do you get all their games automatically, without needing MLB Extra Innings?

Think if they're cruel and do this:

It's September 17 and the Red Sox are facing the Yankees in the Bronx. The Yanks are up 4-3 in the top of the 9th...Sox load the bases on Mariano and Papi comes up. Right as Mariano winds up for the pitch, your cable provider realizes you've been getting free MLB extra innings all year and cuts your connection off! :-D
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:40 pm

DaQ wrote:
Coppermine wrote:So get this!

OK, so I have Comcast cable... bummer. Rates went up this week AGAIN and now I'm paying 100 bucks a month for standard cable and cable internet; up 20 bucks from what I was paying.

But for the first week of baseball, I had a FREE preview of MLB Extra Innings. This was great, and the free preview was from April 2-9. It sucks that I live in FOUR markets... that's right, FOUR, so those games are all blacked out and they're not always available. I live in the market for the Phillies, Pirates, Orioles and Nationals.

Anyway, it is April 14 and I still have access to all of the MLB Extra Innings games. This is blowing my mind. I haven't done anything and I was so sad when April 10 rolled around; but I checked just for fun and sure enough the games were all still available. Now it's the 14 and I still have all the games. Now I don't know if this is unethical or stealing. I suppose Ned Flanders would immediately be on the phone with Comcast explaining the situation, but come on! I'm getting ripped off by those corporate jerks and I am enjoying my Extra Innings free of charge without any complaints.

So, in any case, the game is just starting after an hour and half rain delay. And here it is on Channel 776; Milwaukee and New York.... and I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

That sounds like a great deal! If you're in 4 team's markets, do you get all their games automatically, without needing MLB Extra Innings?

Think if they're cruel and do this:

It's September 17 and the Red Sox are facing the Yankees in the Bronx. The Yanks are up 4-3 in the top of the 9th...Sox load the bases on Mariano and Papi comes up. Right as Mariano winds up for the pitch, your cable provider realizes you've been getting free MLB extra innings all year and cuts your connection off! :-D

That would not be cool. As for the four market games, I only get a few games from each team, normally just the home games. I do get all the games from FSN Pittsburgh for the Pirates, and most of the Orioles games. The Nationals are still fighting with Angelos over the D.C. area TV market and usually Phillies games are only on on the weekends. So it's not that great.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mugrila » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:03 pm

DirecTV didn't forget to turn off my free preview.. :-/
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to General Talk