McCarthy Closing? Any Chance? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

McCarthy Closing? Any Chance?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

McCarthy Closing? Any Chance?

Postby ZAZ » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:07 pm

Apr 13 According to The Chicago Tribune's Mark Gonzales, Chicago White Sox RP Brandon McCarthy may be asked to close games if the team's struggles with relief pitching continue.

I actually have him since I thought he would be starting. I was about to drop him since holds don't count in my league and grab a FA pitcher like John Thompson. Then I read that update on Yahoo. Anyone think this might happen? Should I hold onto McCarthy anyway? He did get a W the first day of the season and can easily become a starter as well if there's an injury. Any thoughts?
ZAZ
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:11 pm

he basically seems to be the next in line. jenks has been ok so far this and there doesnt really seem to be an issue with the closer's role as much as the roles leading up to the closer.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby dc928 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:19 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:he basically seems to be the next in line. jenks has been ok so far this and there doesnt really seem to be an issue with the closer's role as much as the roles leading up to the closer.

Jenks is not really doing okay man, So far he has manage to have earn run in 2 of his 3 save oppturnities in which he come in with at least 2 run lead. I mean Guillen is not exaclty a patient manager also
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby One-Hitter » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:26 pm

don't get excited.

bobby jenks will continue to get the save opportunities on the south side. i love how everybody feels differently. last week it was neil cotts who would be the closer. next week it'll probably be politte. i don't think so...i think it'll be the guy's job to lose who can throw 100mph. just one sox fan's opinion.
"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson
One-Hitter
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates