Help me help you! :) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help me help you! :)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help me help you! :)

Postby Warpigs » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:09 am

Standard 5x5 Roto league with 12 teams. I've been working on trying to improve my team after a mediocre draft. My current roster:

C-Mauer
1b-Thome
2b-Vidro
3b-DWright
ss-DJeter
OF-Ichiro
OF-Damon
OF-MOrdonez
UT-JGiambi
Bench-RWeeks, AKearns, ARowand, Piazza
P(start five)-RJohnson, JBeckett, CCapuano, NLowry, DBush, Papelbon, Liriano, McCarthy.

I know I need help with saves. I'm working on that. I'd also like to get a solid SP yet. Otherwise, what are my strengths and weaknesses? What are some possible realistic targets (as far as trades) that I should be going for?
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slicemdown » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:11 am

I absolutly love David Wright this year, and think he will be a monster, as hes going to get MVP votes. Ichiro has started a bit slow, but as you know thats nothing to worry about. Think he'll score a ton of runs this year, and I like Ichiro for AL battting Champ. As a whole the offense looks good, but I think you need to balance it a bit more. Thome is a bonified power source but I a little worried about his health. Wright is only sure thing in the power department, as he should be 30+, so i think to content you need one more big hitter. I think Giambi will have a nice year, but a 40/120 season like the good ol days, I dont see it. another 30/100 from Giambi, and take anything else as bonus. You have Damon, Jeter, and Ichiro, who are, more or less, the same type of player. I would try to move Damon for a big Power hitter. I noticed Rick Weeks on your bench. Hes definitaly a starter, so if your not gonna start him, than package him in a deal. Maybe you look to get a sexson/Konerko type. Beltran is somone i would try to go out and get as well. He wont hit as many hrs, but hes gonna score a ton, and run the bases. Plus batting 3rd in that lineup will produce a ton of RBIs. Maybe try to get a closer back(think Chris Ray, Jose Valverde type.)

I like the pitching. I think RJ will do just fine this year, and beckett has a shot a 20 games with the Bo sox. Nice complementary pitchers. Im high on Lowry this year. Dont be so down on CL. So what Paplebon is all you got. Im a Sox fan, and the guy is lights out. I think is one of the better 2nd tier closers. Eric Karabell(espn) put out the number 38 saves. Yea i no it seams high, but this kids stuff is amazing. If you get that 2nd or 3rd CL youll be in good shape. I say try to trade for one, and watch the WW. keep an eye on teams like TB, ATL, DET, and SF. also if you have a DL, spot, why not pick up macdougal and stash him there. Well thats what i got for you, good luck.

Try to give my team a look if you good
slicemdown
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blue too » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:13 am

Well I really like your offense. You've got a lot of injury risk, but I'd rather take some risks and get players at a discount than not take any and consistently get 3rd or 4th every year.

If you were head-to-head, I'd almost say punt saves and trade Papelbon. I've done it before in that format. Keep an eye on CHW, as there's rumblings that McCarthy may get a shot to close soon. You may try to target Mike Gonzalez if the owner is scared of him losing his job after he pitched in the 8th last week. You might be able to get him cheap. Also C Cordero (the Was variety) might be a little cheap. Or you might think about trading Thome and a backup or end-of-the-rotation SP and getting a decent 1b plus a decent closer.
blue too
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team