Is Brad Hawpe for real?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Brad Hawpe for real??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Brad Hawpe for real??

Postby shappy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:37 am

I didn't hear anything about him before the season in any of the sleeper posts or forums or articles anywhere, he seems to be having a great start, and is hitting in a solid lineup out there in colorado...is this kid for real?? he is mashing the ball lately
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Brad Hawpe for real??

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:42 am

9 game Colorado homestand starts tomorrow. If he was crushing the ball before... }:-)
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikus » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:46 am

great hitter. i remember his LSU days vividly. i think he'll do well, especially in colorado's rare air.
[size=10][b]Thanks to bojanglesmn for the sweet sig!!![/size][/b]
mikus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nuggets » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:13 am

I don't think he'll continue producing near this pace. He could be nice at home, although he has only a .257 average, .735 OPS, 7 HR in 214 career AB at Coors.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Iconoclastic » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:16 am

He was pretty highly touted last year as the next Matt Holliday. Take that for what it's worth.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby YardBirds » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:17 am

He played at my alma mater, of course he is the real deal... he has trouble with lefties (lifetime .209), but he kills right handed pitchers. Good power and good speed.
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:56 am

He was on a lot of sleepers list last season. Actually people were betting on the winner of the LF job and that obviously went to Holliday. Hawpe has good power and he raked in the minors. Colorado won't ignore his production for much longer before moving him up a spot or two.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Thursday » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:20 am

Hawpe? No, probably not for real, but let's enjoy the ride while it lasts. 9 game homestand should be pretty nice.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:21 am

bronxxbomber wrote:He was on a lot of sleepers list last season. Actually people were betting on the winner of the LF job and that obviously went to Holliday. Hawpe has good power and he raked in the minors. Colorado won't ignore his production for much longer before moving him up a spot or two.

Sorry, but I don't think he'll ever be hitting higher than 5th, which is where he hit tonight, and I think in some previous games. He has a great swing, but Holliday and Atkins are for real as well. Couple that with the fact that they have a stud coming up in Stewart and it is apprent there really is not much more room for him. He is definitely an awesome hitter who will hit somewhere from 15-20 hrs and get 75-90 rbi.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dc928 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:44 am

FalcoAtL wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:He was on a lot of sleepers list last season. Actually people were betting on the winner of the LF job and that obviously went to Holliday. Hawpe has good power and he raked in the minors. Colorado won't ignore his production for much longer before moving him up a spot or two.

Sorry, but I don't think he'll ever be hitting higher than 5th, which is where he hit tonight, and I think in some previous games. He has a great swing, but Holliday and Atkins are for real as well. Couple that with the fact that they have a stud coming up in Stewart and it is apprent there really is not much more room for him. He is definitely an awesome hitter who will hit somewhere from 15-20 hrs and get 75-90 rbi.

I say he hit more than 15 to 20 with Colorado he should be able to hit 25 I think...........
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers